I suggest you ...

support parameters for radio buttons and checkboxes in MTM

I can use parameters while creating action recording and playback for text fields and drop down elements. This does not work for check boxes or radio buttons (For example, if I create a parameter with value "Yes" and use that for a check box, the binding does not work)

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shankar SShankar S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any alternative for Parameterizing the radio buttons? We tried to use boolean values like true or false for radio buttons. But still it
        didn't work. When this feature can be expected?

• gopinathgopinath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with out Parametersing the radio button ,checkbox and Dropdown how we can test the web application. Please update the ways - It will be useful

• Ramya GundaRamya Gunda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Checkboxes use boolean values like true or false..

For Example:

uICtl00ContentPlaceHolCheckBox.Checked=true;

Then it works fine.

• Debra Lloyd-ForsythDebra Lloyd-Forsyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are running across Clients that are looking for the ability of making radio & checkboxes buttons parameters in their test cases. Since the parameter cannot be bound during execution for fast forward they are having to create multiple test cases. I under stand there is a backlog item for this change but it is not slated for Dev11. Any way of that being changed?

Feedback and Knowledge Base