I suggest you ...

Add context menu item in solution explorer to open Source Control Explorer showing selected file

When you right-click in VS 2010 Solution Explorer it would be great to have a shortcut there that opens up Source Control Explorer immediately showing the selected file.

Currently a user is required to open Source Control Explorer and manually expand (and know) all the folders in the path to get to the desired location.

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    imatioimatio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • noknok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's funny the Team Explorer Everywhere support this feature but the valuable VS2012 IDE did not support this !?

• Mikus ŠleinersMikus Šleiners commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively or in addition it could be cool if the status bar called "Local Path" in the source control explorer could be changed. Currently it's just a read only link to the file system.

There are often cases where I have the file I want in my clipboard and I want to just focus (navigate) the source control explorer to that path... this is as pasting in the address in the windows explorer.

currently the best way to do this is to keep an instance of vs command prompt open and do the tf properties [your path] command
        then copy the output server path and then you can paste that one into the source explorer - cumbersome process really

• Glen StoneGlen Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In VS2010, Source Control Explorer used to open up the way you left it last time. Now it always opens up at the root level. Would be nice to have the old behaviour back.

• Matthew MitrikMatthew Mitrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed this would be very useful. We're hoping to get this one into TFS11. I'll update here if we are able to get it in.

Matt
        Program Manager | TFS Version Control

Feedback and Knowledge Base