I suggest you ...

Bake in MVVM support (i.e. let us replace the current automatic code behind IDE pattern used today)

Allow us to pick a pattern of choice, and then have the IDE help us fall into the pit of success by supporting that pattern. So something like replacing the current code behind model with a plug-in'able/replaceable model, with MVVM being just one such model. If "code behind" is bad, then let the IDE help us by implementing a given pattern and not force use to jump through hoops to implement them. WPF/Silverlight/xaml's awesome databinding is the first step, now let's improve that by making the IDE "understand" a pattern of choice, like MVVM

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Greg DuncanGreg Duncan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • badreddinebadreddine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes i think so
        "XAML Power tools" seems more interesting that automatic code behind IDE
        at least integrate this tool with the IDE

• DaverDaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the basic Models and Views should be automatically code generated by VIsual Studio. It's unnecessary grunt work and if it's automatically there, people will lean towards using it. Perhaps Visual Studio should also have templates for patterns as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base