I suggest you ...

Add ApplicationPool info in "Attach to Process" window for w3wp processes

For web developers, it would be of great help if the Attach to Process window showed also the associated application pools of w3wp processes - this would end a lot of PID-guessing or external scripts to be run and hence save valuable development time.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Martin W. AnglerMartin W. Angler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Maria Ghiondea - MSFTMaria Ghiondea - MSFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From customer: On the 'Attach to process' dialog, can we add the command line of a process? For example, it is always the case that when I want to debug w3wp.exe I need to look at task manager to find which one of them is running the appPool that I want to debug, then I need to switch back to VS to select the process. If VS were to show the command line (or the apppool name, in the case of w3wp) then I would not need to switch to task manager. And that would have to work for remote debugging too, since that's what I usually do. :-)

• FloriFlori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For SharePoint developer it will be great to see the Command Line - in the command-line the -ap argument gives you the information. A permanent Filter will be great like: Process equal "w3wp.exe" and CommandLine contains "SharePoint - 80"

Feedback and Knowledge Base