I suggest you ...

Integrate SharePoint Designer functionality into Visual Studio

Integrate SharePoint Designer functionality into Visual Studio so that developers can accomplish all required SharePoint development and administration tasks in a single IDE rather than having to bounce back and forth between Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer for various tasks and development activities.

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sharepointjunkiesharepointjunkie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tfsjunkietfsjunkie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ideally, I would like to be able to perform all functions that I currently perform directly in SharePoint Designer entirely in Visual Studio. That way, Visual Studio can be my IDE of my choice as a developer and SharePoint Designer can be used for "non-developers" who do not have access to Visual Studio. At the bare minimum, I would like the same features and functionality of SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflows integrated into Visual Studio 2013.

• Xiaoying Guo - MSFTXiaoying Guo - MSFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi sharepointjunkie,

Thanks for your feedback! May I know what functionalities in SharePoint Designer you are most expecting to get supported in Visual Studio?

Thanks,
        Xiaoying Guo
        Program Manager, Microsoft Visual Studio SharePoint Developer Tools Team

• Richard WestonRichard Weston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brilliant idea, it particularly annoys me when SharePoint Designer becomes the default editor for certain file types that I would rather use in VS. I have to reset the default type.

I think that VS would handle the stuff that we can do in SPD far more elegantly.

I understand non-VS users should still have access to a free, standalone app too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base