I suggest you ...

Task based IDE workspaces

Depending on the task you are performing you sometimes want a customized development enviroment, displaying different panels, menu bars etc.
When you debug for example, the IDE changes it's layout. It would be great if the user could do the same for tasks you can customize yourself.
You could for example customize a workspace for HTML editing, debugging, coding c#, database design, WPF XAML editing, etc.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JJ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • QwertieQwertie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good point, the "Full Screen" mode (Shift+Alt+Enter) has a window layout that you can customize mostly independently from the normal view. I suspect this existing feature will be good enough for most people.

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great if developer will can change workspace on the fly. For example I'm debugging asp.net app and I found that I need perform many changes, but because app is big I don't want to stop it. It would be great if I will can just switch workspace and hide all debug panels but show some other. Right now I can emulate such behavior via "Full Screen" mode. but it is not so convenient

Feedback and Knowledge Base