I suggest you ...

Provide refactoring support for F# code.

Currently F# IDE integration into visual studio does not have any refactoring support. It would be nice to at the very least be able to handle renaming.

1,385 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Taylor-FullerDavid Taylor-Fuller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) responded  · 

Update: The Visual F# Power Tools project (http://fsprojects.github.io/FSharpVSPowerTools) is a community-driven project based on the FSharp.Compiler.Service and Fantomas tools. It is available as a Visual Studio gallery entry inn Visual Studio 2012 and 2013.

While it is at an early stage, it contains useful refactoring functionality including some rename refactoring, as well as other functionality, and is seeing significant contribution levels. We encourage community contributions to this project.

This item is being left as “under review”. Possible future paths which could eventually be considered may include migrating functionality from the Visual F# Power Tools to the Visual F# Tools proper, depending on quality levels and other factors.

Don Syme, answering on behalf of the Visual F# Tools Team

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)