I suggest you ...

Import/export data from Visual Studio Online

possibility to export a collection and import it in an on premises installation and the other way

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marco CusinatoMarco Cusinato shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    FabienFabien shared a merged idea: Import a full TFS database on Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    Steven SpyrkaSteven Spyrka shared a merged idea: Export and Import Feature to Team Foundation 2013 Server  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make an export/import to archive function for Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    Larry CarterLarry Carter shared a merged idea: Migration from On-Premise to Team Foundation Services  ·   · 
    Derek NoonanDerek Noonan shared a merged idea: Provide a means of migrating from on-prem TFS to cloud TFS  ·   · 
    Nicolas LouisNicolas Louis shared a merged idea: Migrate Team projects from private TFS to TFS Azure  ·   · 

We have included both import and export from Visual Studio Online on our product backlog. Brian has some more information about data export available here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2014/02/21/vs-online-early-adopter-program-extended-to-may-7-2014.aspx

Additionally, this week at TechEd North America we have announced that we have partnered with OpsHub to create a free migration utility to move the most requested data including history from TFS to VSO. You can find out more details on this migration utility that was released here: http://bit.ly/OpsHubBlogPost. We will also continue to include proper import support on our backlog for future investments.

Thanks!
    Ed Blankenship, Ewald Hofman, and Andrea Scripa
    Visual Studio Online Team

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon