I suggest you ...

Something that would make code more portable for win 7 phones! Other mobile platforms support C++, which makes porting between platforms ea

Something that would make code more portable for win 7 phones! Other mobile platforms support C++, which makes porting between platforms easier. Look, I'm not espousing love for C++. It's a language with problems, for sure. But for those of us who want to program for multiple platforms, we don't want to have to port between say, C# and Java or, even worse, C# and objective-C. I am aware that there exist C# to objective-C guidelines published by Microsoft, and that Java and C# are relatively easy to port to one another. That's not the point. The point is that a lot of developers would like to be able to have as much of their code be portable as possible. Some things, like the GUI, obviously have to be re-tailored no matter what. We expect that. But we'd like the "Model" part of our MVC to be able to be in a common language. For years, C++ has been this common language. If we at *least* had Managed C++, we could get somewhere. Again, I'm not a C++ lover. Managed languages are the way of the future. But whatever the language and its nature, some of us would like to be able to make portable programs without having to buy expensive API imitators like MonoDroid.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support!
        From VS2011, I see some hope.
        If Windows Phone.vNext support C++/CX/XAML, then we can use C++/CX/XAML to development Windows Phone, Windows PC, Windows Pad, It is wonderful, and C++.vNext support C++/CX/XAML, it is pure Native C++ solution!
        Is it just my dream?

sure, if vs2011 or vs 201X support Visual J# again, then I can use java to develop Windows Phone and Android application!!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base