I suggest you ...

Allow TFS Task Board to have custom colors

For example if you could assign a color to an area, then the task cards would be colored to that area

741 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike SurfaceMike Surface shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Chris MielkeChris Mielke shared a merged idea: Conditionally change color of items on the task board  ·   · 
    Andrew MerkourisAndrew Merkouris shared a merged idea: When a work item in the board is changed to a state of "Done", I would like to see that changed to a different color or removed from board  ·   · 
    Konrad MühlerKonrad Mühler shared a merged idea: TFS: Color query results by field values (e.g. bugs red, tasks green, or closed items gray)  ·   · 

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hinrich AueHinrich Aue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we create tasks that represent a bug.
        instead of creating a bug in TFS...
        following the idea - we fix bugs - we don't manage them.
        but a task cannot be red... that wojld be super cool!

• Chris PontChris Pont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From my point of view, I'd like to see tasks coloured by activity so that you can see which tasks are development, testing, design etc.

• Mike BennettMike Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a Chrome plugin (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tfs-colorizer/oddpogjdlefaacpddjgpgjgopkilaikp) to color the tasks based on the text. I would prefer if something like it was built in. Rather than PBI vs. bug, as mentioned by some below, I find it more useful to see what's in development vs. what's in testing vs. what requires documentation. So as I see the colors move across the board I know the state of the release.

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DO IT PLEASE !

We need this feature ... custom tiles colors and size !

• daedae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not only types of workitems, do it completely :) full customization, e.g. types of states (resolved = green, active = yellow etc), colors should be customizable, also people, if workitem is assigned to developer, make it green, if tester, make it orange... if requirement is of type scenario, make it blue etc..; it would be nice to have also icons...

• JeffJeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using the Agile template in 2012 (soon to be 2013) and have incorporated bugs into the TFS board in addition to tasks. We added bugs to see/track impediments at the user story level. So in this situation, we'd like to color code by WIT and then within the task WIT by activity. It would also be nice to group and sequence (sequencing can be done today using the stack rank) first by WIT (tasks vs. bugs) and then within tasks by activity. So that all testing tasks are grouped together, etc.

• gehgeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this feature using the board sucks. It's a shame that Microsoft is not able to implement this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this!!! In order to save time & quickly differentiate between a dev task and a QA task or bugs inside of the sprint, colors are needed!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. I'd like to be able to quickly distinguish tasks by activity (development vs. testing) as well as identify bugs

• MPrutzMPrutz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some kind of visual delineation is needed. Size, color, shape, text, anything.

• PimPim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With 100 plus items in our board, having the ability to map a color to a specifuc field of our choosing would be terrific. This would allow coloring based on areas, importance of the task, those tasks that are behind, etc... Without this is it totally impractical when you have large amount of stuff happening.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base