I suggest you ...

Working Hours and Days Off to be entered in User Profile

Adding working hours and days off to the user profile will allow members to take responsibility of their working hours, making capacity planning easier.

A project administrator may also need to be able to update these for a user, for cases of unexpected absence, etc...

697 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Philip CouparPhilip Coupar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Winfried LötzschWinfried Lötzsch shared a merged idea: Add ability to manage tasks/member capacities globally  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pavel ShkleinikPavel Shkleinik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While TFS developers thinking if there is a need for timesheet in TFS (and they do it during last 9 years) you can use some TFS plugin (like TX Chrono http://www.teamexpand.com/product/tx-chrono). It provides you with ability report/approve time, adjust personal timetable, holidays for different locations, nice reports and bench of other useful tools.

• Joe AubinJoe Aubin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to have a global calendar as opposed to one per sprint and then let the system determine what holidays and personnel non-work days are applicable to a given sprint. It is a pain to have to go to multiple projects and enter things as obvious as Christmas while making sure that I select the "correct" sprint.

• Yer YangYer Yang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to be able to query team members and see what projects they are assigned to and their capacity allocation per project as well as the sprint begin/end dates. This will help project managers when trying to pull resources.

• Ivan VoronaIvan Vorona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Valid point, I totally agree. Plus would be very helpful to see resource allocation diagram which shows what resource is going to do in following few weeks based on his assigments and priorities.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ones proving to be a painful for us as we team members that work Saturdays

• FelickzFelickz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Days off obviously effect the velocity of a sprint... not having built in support for tracking this is a thorn in the development process forced by TFS.

• Jan van TilJan van Til commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that's what we Need in our organisation!

Users nowadays work in various as well as varying teams. They Must therefore be able to register both their presence and absence hours (day off, holiday, sick etc). Registration must be done once and be accessible to all using 'components'.

Great idea!

• Fokko VeegensFokko Veegens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree with this one. If people are working in two or more teams, the days off are unmanageable. Also, when the user has work planned in one team, this same time should be unavailable in the other team. I think this functionality probably aligns with the idea suggested above.

Feedback and Knowledge Base