I suggest you ...

Support debugging of C++ code with IntelliTrace

As a C++ developer I am always sad when seeing cool features only available for C#, VB, ... e.g. IntelliTrace would be really useful to get rid of these invisible, hidden, and not reproducable errors.

(see http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/dd264915.aspx)

134 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Julius WachsmuthJulius Wachsmuth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this gotten more support? Someone with a blog needs to post the link to this idea so developers will know about it and can vote if they want.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Yes, Yes!

C++ is a viable platform, and probably more in need of good debugging tools than some of the other languages.

As an ole time programmer, I am used to a certain level of debugging support from any compiler manufacturer. Frankly, Microsoft is not rising to the level of its predecessors.

A trace log of program execution has been a basic version 1 feature in compilers since 1966. And now, with Visual Studio 2013, supposedly the best compiler on the market, this basic feature is not included? Why?

This does not speak well of Microsoft.
        BD

• acac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

byuu.org/programming/bps/
        code for implementing efficient deltas, faster and more efficient than xdelta. IDK how it compared to MS's own stuff.

Feedback and Knowledge Base