I suggest you ...

Creating Queries - Token for Current Iteration

When creating a work item query, you are given the option to select the iteration path for which the query is to return results for. It will be fantastic if a token was provided such as [Active Iteration] and you can specify the active iteration manually, or TFS calculating it via the Start/End dates

2,194 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lambros VasiliouLambros Vasiliou shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow TFS queries to use shared snippets  ·   · 
    rob gagerob gage shared a merged idea: enable query to look for dates in a sprint  ·   · 
    Alessandro GrapsAlessandro Graps shared a merged idea: TFS: Iteration Path : Get CurrentIteration Path variables in queryes  ·   · 
    Tigran TorosyanTigran Torosyan shared a merged idea: Current Sprint queries Interation Path auto update  ·   · 
    Ramon DurãesRamon Durães shared a merged idea: Add variable @CurrentSprint (WorkItem>Shared Queries>Sprint Backlog )  ·   · 
    stevesteve shared a merged idea: Add @CurrentIteration variable to TFS  ·   · 
    Bryan HintonBryan Hinton shared a merged idea: Add an @CurrentIteration filter to create dynamic work item queries  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: TFS Current Sprint Macro for query builder: if i have an Iteration tree like ProjectName -> Sprint Number -> Sprint 80 -> Reports. I would  ·   · 

71 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David WillissDavid Williss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay! The variable is recognized by VS2015. That is, as I type it, get the warning that it's not recognized until I complete the word. The warning still says it only recognizes @Me, @Project and @Today, but it goes away as soon as it says @CurrentIteration. Now I just gotta wait for approval to get somebody to upgrade our TFS servers because they're stuck at the previous version so I can't use it yet :(

• Kevin MacDowellKevin MacDowell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not working for my online VS, I get
        "TF20036: The macro '@CurrentIteration' is not recognized. Available macros include @Me, @Project, and @Today. The error is caused by @CurrentIteration."

• SisSis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When used, i see error: "TF20037: No Iterations are selected for the team. The macro '@CurrentIteration' is undefined."

• Gaz IqbalGaz Iqbal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this included in the "Update 5 - CTP 3" or will it only be available in the final version?
        Thanks!

• Christian BeermannChristian Beermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for listening to the community, Brain Harry! Now I don't have to edit all queries after the iterations for my 6 scrum teams. I love this little variable and it saves a lot of time each month! Big like for your dev-team. ;-)

• Max CasconeMax Cascone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this! I also second anon's request for @current_area_path for use when working with sub-teams.

• Phil SpokasPhil Spokas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whoo hoo!!! (I'm generally pretty reserved, so you can take this as awesome news.) T/his has been an annoying soft spot in the product and will save me from the manual Sprint/Iteration "dance" that I never got around to automating)

• Carlos SilvaCarlos Silva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a ssrs report for TFS, how can i query SQL to display past, current and future iterations ?

in search of help as i am knew to TFS.

Carlos Silva

• KaziKazi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems this will never be impleted. I'd suggest another implementation instead:

Add two new fields to selectable field list: IterationStart, IterationEnd. With these two new fields we can use @Today macro to filter Work items belonging to current/past/future iterations.

Thanks

• Greg ProschGreg Prosch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! And even better would be the ability to reference next and prior say:

Current
        Current + 1
        Current - 1

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base