I suggest you ...

ability to add multiple activities per team member in sprint

I really like the new feature (may be) in TFS where you can add capacity in the sprint which estimates work by activity.

currently a developer can spend 2/3 of this time in development and 1/3 in bug fixing(testing). so, i would like to see two/more entries per team member to divide their capacity across different activities and properly track the project activities (dev, test, requirements etc etc)

hope you got what I am trying to say.

1,070 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Suresh VeeragoniSuresh Veeragoni shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gil Gil shared a merged idea: Allow single team member to have two roles  ·   · 

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a team member who works on design and testing and need to be able to specify both activities.

• Jerad GodreaultJerad Godreault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to break up my capacity as

Me | 4.0 -> Development
        Me | 0.5 -> Documentation
        Me | 1.0 -> Testing

I'm always doing the minimal (manual) testing and documentation needed to reach the requirements. But sometimes I want to go above and beyond the minimal! This is where you elevate the status of the code to be easy for any developer to maintained. However, the stakeholder should be aware where this time being spent.

• David ArburnDavid Arburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, it's not just senior developers, but all developers and testers should and will be doing multiple activities i.e. Development, Testing, Deployment and Documentation. A big drawback in not being able to represent and plan accordingly using the Capacity capability. Let's make it a higher priority feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition it would be nice if the capacity board could include the activities that are typed in manually in the activity list (it is a suggestionList in the agile template)

• E. SmitsE. Smits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what I don't understand is why even assign an activity if the activity can't even limit the user.
        For example lets say I have 3 hours of R&D , 1 hour of design and 3 hours of development, well I have to put in 7 hours of "X" just to compensate but when I log the time I can log each time individually. This capacity per day per activity only helps to overestimate any possible burndown time that the tool can actually bring to light. it's counter intuitive and any mixed role team members (which every team I have ever met has ) would have an issue with this.

• Brian TBrian T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty much crucial for "agile" teams, only performing one role in my book is rigid, not agile. Most senior folks in small teams will be doing a percentage split, up to 3 roles realistically.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do this currently by adding additional user accounts with the stakeholder license to the team project that represent team members already in the team project. Then you can split their capacity and activity across those newly added user accounts. The user would not log on with these stakeholder accounts at all as they are only for capacity and assignment purposes. Works for us :), but it would be good to see this change make it in.

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical feature for my team, we basically don't use activities at all right now as a result

• Joe BreeseJoe Breese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful. Currently I spen about 1/3 of my day in development, 1/3 in requirements gathering and planning and the other 1/3 in bug fix and triage mode.

I'd really like to see this feature added

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base