I suggest you ...

Option "Show Always Intellisense"

Sometimes when I want to list all the methods of a function. I have to use 2 keyboard shortcuts to do this.
Option "Always show Intellisense" would make suggestions show ALL the time. If I click somewhere out the editing box, they will disappear, when I click back, they show again.

188 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jacob BrownJacob Brown shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • QwertieQwertie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Which two keyboard shortcuts show you "all the methods of a function"? Personally, Ctrl+Space and Ctrl+Shift+Space are just about all the IntelliSense I need.

• Kowalewski JanuszKowalewski Janusz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Showing all the time would be anoying.

Try something like this: When the use clicks for example the work Math in the following line all the Math members will popout.

System.Math.Cos(56);

When the user clicks the System word, all the System members will pop out.

3 Stars

• Jacob BrownJacob Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example: I don't remember the method names in classes. When I enter a class, I just browse for the desired one. The times of c++ when a user had to remember everything are way behind. When I sit by my computer I don't know which APIs am I going to use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base