I suggest you ...

Bring back the HwndHost.IsRedirected and CompositionMode

"The .NET Framework 4.5 Developer Preview included a WPF HwndHost redirection feature. However, this feature had several known issues and has been removed from the .NET Framework 4.5 Beta."
This is a major feature and it was working great on the Developer Preview.
This feature will "open the door" for many companies who would like to upgrade from WinForm to WPF without rewriting all their custom control.
Please get it back, it was working great.

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Miky PetrescuMiky Petrescu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) responded  · 

Thank you very much for your feedback and desire for this feature. However, at this time, we will not be able to add the feature to WPF and the .NET Framework.

Troy Martez – MSFT
    Senior Program Manager
    WPF Team

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dissapointing that this was declined. WPF/WinForms interaction creates serious issues for my system.

• MartinMartin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The desktop is a contested space both foor businesses and consumers. MSFT should think about wether they want to keep the technological lead in desktop application technology. Interop is a crucial feature and fixing the airspace problem shows that you have the technical lead.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this declined? Why is there no details on why this is declined. This is a huge problem, and quite frankly the only reason we upgraded to Visual Studio 2012, a further explanation is required by the developer community. Where is the explanation?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a big MS supporter but right now i'm very sand and angry at the same time. First they come with a fix everyone was expecting and then suddendly it gets removed. Seriously why not Keep the fix and fix the remained issues later??? instead we get 0 Explanation but a copy pasted text saying the same Thing "Thank you very much for your feedback and desire for this feature. However, at this time, we will not be able to add the feature to WPF and the .NET Framework." that's not an answer but a terribly unprofessional joke.

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Airspace is one of the major problems of WPF. i haven't tested the preview Versionnow , but i read many comments who said "it works".
        I am waiting since one year on that, but now i have to decide to stay with MS or not.
        I think droping important things at the last moment will start a Titanic Effect for MS.
        Hope it will not be.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client suffering the mediaelement in multi-monitors issue two years. Please bring it back, I need to embed the window media player control....................................................................

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring it back please......................................................

• SergiuSergiu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was really looking forward to this feature cause it solved a lot of problems, specially in the software I am developing, please bring it back one way or another !

• MarcoMarco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be better if it will support inegration of OpenGL rendering like DirectX without airspace iusse

• ChrisTorngChrisTorng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this too. If it is not good enough to be included in rtm product, please release something in codeplex...

• Troy MartezTroy Martez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you very much for your feedback and desire for this feature. However, at this time, we will not be able to add the feature to WPF and the .NET Framework.

Troy Martez - MSFT
        Senior Program Manager
        WPF Team

• Jürgen SchmitzJürgen Schmitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very, very sad. Maybe you can release an "unspported" OOB release for the HwndHost? Or something on codeplex? Thanks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base