I suggest you ...

Integrate more functions of "Productivity Power Tools" in VS11

I'm so glad to see VS11 beta release. I find many new features integrated to VS11 beta from "old" Productivity Power Tools extension, such as new Solution Explorer, Quick Access and so on. But I do see many more features of "Productivity Power Tools" in VS11 beta, such as Auto Brace Completion, Fix Mixed Tabs, Align Assignments, Tools Options Support and more. So I hope the full functions of "old" Productivity Power Tools integrated to the VS11, and also we can config these features in the Option of VS11. Please take a think about my suggestion. Thanks a lot!

221 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mengtianmengtian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bryan WilkinsBryan Wilkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I to would like to throw my hat in asking for the enhanced scrollbar. I didnt realize how much I used it until it was gone.

• MVPWei_DongMVPWei_Dong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Greate!
        I'd like to say my two opinions:

1)Enhance the CopyAsHtml in the tool——Maybe before we paste the copy into blog or forum, there's a choice for us to adjust the backcolor of the forum, and we can also paste line number, alternative color for each row……

2)Add a function of Converting From VB.net to C# (And C# to VB.NET),Hope it absolutely right (100% convertor,until now I haven't found such a tool……yet!)

It would be nice if we added a VB.NET,C# and C++ conversion with each other……

• DaverDaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like a master control panel that shows me all my debug breakpoints and bookmarks together. They are usually connected because I'm trying to figure out a bug and need to review other code for a pattern. Yes, searching and bookmarks should be integrated somehow too so I can figure out where I have been after going through a ton of spagetti code.

It would also be nice to have a window that displayed list, hierarchy, trail or map of code usage... sort of like the Call Stack, but displayed at design time. It could look like Document Outline but would display function calls.

For Example, I have a javascript function called SubmitThis on a HTML button. I want to see all the functions that are used by SubmitThis and the file they are contained in. Better than constantly finding in files.

• DaverDaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the new solution explorer/navigator.I constantly use Find in Files. I wish it had the ability to allow me to manage the history of my searches. Sometimes I have typos I'd like to remove. I'd also like to categorize/group my searches so I can figure out what I'm looking for without memorizing everything. When you think about it, the reason I'm searching is because I don't know where something is. I'm not searching for something because I know where something is. It's a catch 22, because in order to search for something, you have to know of it's existence... We need to have a breadcrumb trail of searches to help us figure out where dozens of searches are. Hopefully some future version of the new Solution Explorer will allow us to delete history items, sort the searches, categorize/group them, colorize keywords using wildcards/regex patterns, etc.

• AlxandrAlxandr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ctrl+click for goto definition is also one of the features in vs2010 (ppt) I use the most. I would really like to see that in VS11.

• DrewDrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah, I didn't realize how much I rely on the ehahanced scroll bar in VS2010 until I started using VS11 beta. Having a complete, document-wide picture of breakpoints, find results, errors, and warnings at all times is massively helpful

• Rob SiklosRob Siklos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move Line Up/Down is aweome.

I'm also heavily addicted to the Enhanced Scroll Bar (Map Mode), especially viewing track changes in the scroll bar.

Feedback and Knowledge Base