I suggest you ...

Remove the "common" directory from metro templates

The readme in the "common" folder states clearly that one should not touch the classes in there and they are used by most if not all metro templates . . . That's a huge stepback from previous templates! If there are classes that are required by pretty much every metro templates, why aren't they in WINRT instead of laying around at random in our own code?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ronan ThibaudauRonan Thibaudau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BrettBrett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This requirement is a rule of thumb and I am moving and editing those classes to 1) support MVVM better and 2) adapt to my data requirements and layout conventions. Eachtime you add a new template you will need to make a few minor changes. I think that warning if for developers new to xaml. I like that they implement these classes this way because we have to source to customize and optimize to suit our design requirements. If you use resharper, any issues are fixed in seconds.

• Ronan ThibaudauRonan Thibaudau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess as it's in this folder too, i should add i'm only stating this for the common "utils" classes , not for the default xaml style, it's nice having to for modification.

Feedback and Knowledge Base