I suggest you ...

There should be specific subjects and detail explanations in e-mails triggered by alerts

I have created check in alert "ASP.NET MVC Test Poject: A file with a specific file extension is checked in" and after testing, it sends alerts to all team members BUT e-mail does not tells anything.

You can see it in attachment.
There should be customized e-mail messages for different types of alerts, for example: Project Name + Alert

In details at the beginning should be detail explanation why this email message has been happened etc..etc.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vlatko IvanovskiVlatko Ivanovski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amanda FillmoreAmanda Fillmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - I can receive up to 100 alert emails a day, all with the same initial subject: Work Item Changed or Work Item Created. It would be nice to configure both the subject line (for e.g. "Item assigned to you" or "Links modified") and the information contained in the email (e.g. less information in the "Links modified" emails - which would be deleted anyway - and more information in the "Item assigned to you" emails)

Feedback and Knowledge Base