I suggest you ...

Add "Create Unit Tests" menu option back!

Add "Create Unit Tests" menu option to automatically create unit test skeletons for methods and namespaces as it was in VS 2010!

2,986 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    CSharpJohnCSharpJohn shared a merged idea: bring back the "Generate Unit Test" Wizard  ·   · 

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Writing unit tests is one half of professional development. How do you want to learn new generation of developers, what testing means, if you remove such menu? You should do the oposit, motivate in all places where possible to add missing tests.
        Robert. C. Martin, Clean Coder: How much code should be covered? All of it. ALL, OF, IT.

• GirijaGirija commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For this you have to go Tools->Options -> KeyBoard->Show command containng -_ Type Test -> set create test & put Short cut then it will enabled

• William M RawlsWilliam M Rawls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The workaround is interesting but SO not what the dialog used to be. Please restore full functionality. I liked being able generate several tests with stub code all at once. Now all I get is the function name. PLEASE restore this functionality

• DineshDinesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have vs 2012 ,in that create unit testing option is not enabled, any idea

• GregZGregZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not in VS2013 either. These kinds of things turn people of from MS.

• RajaniRajani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, add "Create Unit Tests" menu option to automatically create unit test skeletons for methods and namespaces as it was in VS 2010!

• Imad MarmoudImad Marmoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has a bug when creating a test class in a C# project from a VB class.
        Please, can you solve it ?

• Steve GrattanSteve Grattan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Re-introduce the 'create unit test' shortcut as a default not something we have to hunt around the web for in order to re-enable it. The lack of this feature as a given has made me less productive.

• Dan WatersDan Waters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ALM Ranger solution, on my PC with VS 2013, does not show up in the menu for Modules, although it does for Classes. I'm still using VS 2010 because of this. The decision to remove this was something like removing the turn signals from the next model year's cars. And yes, why would you do that??

• Adil MughalAdil Mughal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy to see if create unit tests is back and can generate unit tests for me such as boundary test, basic stuff etc. may be using T4 templates

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base