I suggest you ...

Split VS11 windows horizontally and vertically the at same time.

It would be nice if you could split VS11 windows horizontally and vertically (read: create a vertical tab group on a horizontal tab group and vice versa) the at same time as display size increases constantly.

So you'll be able to have a arrangement of your files like http://jsfiddle.net/ provides.

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexander ZeitlerAlexander Zeitler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. As a daily VS user with a very large desktop screen, and a new laptop with fantastically high resolution, being unable to split document windows horizontally and vertically simultaneously is a huge waste of space.

As Daniel hints at, perhaps take a tiny smidge of dev resource off the latest whiz-bang flavor-of-the-week technology, and implement this extremely simple but useful piece of functionality? Come on, MS! You're better than this!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For web development, it is very handy to be able to do vertical and horizontal split at the same time.
        Editors like Sublime, VIM, and IDE like JetBrain have this kind of feature.
        Please enable this feature.

• EugeneEugene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Studio 2013 released, but still no support for this feature. Got clouds storage and other modern toys but still no freakin split support. Even 20 year old console editors can do mixed splits. Very dissapointing.

• Daniel WhiteheadDaniel Whitehead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft... Are you kidding me when you didn't think any real developers wouldn't have wanted this? I'm sorry if I am the only one viewing 10-15 either code files, cshtml files, javascript files. You are really killing my productivity. It doesn't make sense to be able to do it one or the other both not both simultaneously........ really, please work this in the next patch. **Urgent. You don't want developers to lose faith in the IDE. Please email me if you have any questions.

Feedback and Knowledge Base