I suggest you ...

Burndown chart should exclude non-work days

Including weekends and other non-work days skews the slope of the ideal tragectory line. You may leave the office on Friday looking like everything is on track only to return Monday 2 days behind. If you don't exclude those days, at least flatten the tragectory when no work is expected to be completed.

1,944 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark AndrewsMark Andrews shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bill HolzeBill Holze shared a merged idea: give the option to remove weekends from the burndown chart on the view board area.  ·   · 
    Hassan HasaninHassan Hasanin shared a merged idea: Ability to specify project weekend days  ·   · 
    completed  ·  Visual Studio teamAdminVisual Studio team (Product Team, Microsoft) responded  · 

Today we have announced that the burndown excludes the weekends on Visual Studio Online. Later this year, this feature ships with TFS 2013 Update 2 for our on-prem customers.

See the announcement at http://www.visualstudio.com/news/2014-jan-22-vso

If you want to configure the working days of your team, you can click on the gear button in the top right corner which will open the admin area in a new tab. Click on your team, and choose the “settings” tab.

Ewald Hofman
    TFS Program Manager

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service