I suggest you ...

Revert back to the *standard* window frame decoration.

The RC has provided it's own window decoration.
Revert back to the standard window decoration.

http://blogs.msdn.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-blogs-components-weblogfiles/00-00-01-29-92/7723.VS11-User-Interface-Updates-10.png

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GeoffGeoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • foofoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's annoying, why have a window GUI at all if every window on my desktop is going to be different? I have to guess where the window border ends and my desktop starts.

Obviously designed by an artist who doesn't use the tool daily. I see a severe Google chrome envy here in this new UI. Stick this UI in Windows for all windows or throw it out.

• Martin OdheliusMartin Odhelius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"hat is wrong with new decoration?"

Probably everything if you ask me. Just a few examples:

* If you are using any other version of Windows than 8 it does not follow the manner of the rest of the OS.
        * It lacks clear dividers for tabs, sections, buttons etc which makes it very messy and hard to look at
        * Gray in different variations isn't very accessible, even with the theme monitor it is horrible: With the blue theme I get white text on light blue background!
        * Unselected buttons and tabs does not look like buttons and tabs but just flouting text
        * Icons are monochrome which make them hard to separate for some people
        * It doesn't offer much of a choice, only small variations in colors.
        * And finally: It is looks terrible in all possible ways

• Jörgen SigvardssonJörgen Sigvardsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the window chrome needs to be user configurable, at the very least. I have been working a week in VS 2012 now, and I get so disoriented. Whenever a child window pops up, it's very hard sometimes to see its outline, because of the same colored background (the window chrome and the general background color of VS 2012 are the same color). I'm pretty sure a UI like this would land you an F in a HCI class...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Letting the user to choose his/her preferred window style and then forcing him/her to use another for one particular application is wrong.

Feedback and Knowledge Base