I suggest you ...

Ability to View Task Board for Past Sprints

How about a feature that should already be implemented in the product? I want to view the task board for sprints that have already occurred. Apparently it's not possible to do this in TFS 2012.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/TFSvnext/thread/b5cbec87-b9ae-4215-ba25-7b873a5a67f4/?prof=required

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JeffJeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NielsNiels shared a merged idea: Add the possibility to select another sprint in the Task Board  ·   · 

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IcIc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like you need to have workitems assigned to sprints, if you have empty sprints and if its the start of the project it only shows the current sprint. At least it works

• IcIc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed the Update 4 RC specifically for this feature only to find it is still missing.
        Has this been released, will some one ever reply to this?

• EfyEfy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe it was added to the online service on the cloud but not to the product?
        Please let us know how to get this working in our organization!

• EfyEfy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have installed Update 3 especially for this feature, but it's still missing!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed the Update 4 RC specifically for this feature only to find it is still missing... please add this feature if possible, this one missing feature causes much pain for my team

• PimPim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What version of TFS on-site will this feature be included in? 2012 Update 3?

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What version of TFS on-site will this feature be included in? 2012 Update 4? Or 2013?

• Aditi KhedkarAditi Khedkar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just past sprints but also the future sprints.. It is an essential and basic feature. I'm literally furstrated because I can't see a release view (big picture) of what was done and what coming next.

• Kevin AuchKevin Auch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,
        I am not completely agree with this fact. Because the board show up the task for the first level of IterationParh. For us it doesn't shows the sprint taskboard but for release one.
        In our case our iteration path is : "TeamProject"/"ProductRelease"/"Spint".
        It will be great if we can choose the level ot the iteration filter the taskboard. !

Regards

• Bill KuklinskiBill Kuklinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Mark McDow comment - need Past and Future boards. The concept that other tools (such as Jira) use is a separate Planning Board to move tasks across iterations (without taking into account the tasks' state), vs. Task Boards (per iteration) to change state of tasks within an iteration.

• Adam PrebleAdam Preble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I finally figured out ways to search for the story card, and that by adding work items to the story, I can pick tasks to add. I find this works, though it wasn't the intuitive way I was expecting. So if I could look across iterations with the board view, I'd be a little more productive.

• Adam PrebleAdam Preble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am surprised to see this is not implemented yet. My use case is to start staging activities in the next few iterations. For example, I wanted to create a story two iterations away that involves a scheduled move. It looks like I can make the story card, and throw it in the iteration, but after that, I can't find a way in the UI to go to the story and put tasks under it.

The way I add tasks to stories right now is to look at them in the board view, click on the plus sign, and start smashing away. So I assume there would be a way to move to another iteration and do the same. Apparently, I have no such luck. Meanwhile, if there's a way I can get tasks assigned to that story correctly, I can accept that.

I figured there would be scroll arrows next to the iteration name at the top of the board view, or maybe a "Go To Iteration" dropdown or something else.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base