I suggest you ...

Xbox Hardware, Software, Cablebox Ecosystem

Perhaps Micrsoft can repeat history by creating another ecosystem stategy with the Xbox. Microsoft could allow hardware vendors to manufacture Xboxes and allow software developers to develop software Apps for the Xbox in addition to games. Many huge firms created by becoming PC builders and software firms. Perhaps, they could repeat this by working with cable TV vendors, wireless, dish providers to allow people to buy their own Xbox cable boxes instead of renting an old slow cable box that can't do anything well. Allow the cable companies to buy and rent out the Xbox cable boxes, but also allow them to sell Xbox Cable boxes to people. This would allow people to buy the lastest and greatest Xbox, instead of being stuck with an old slow ****** cable box. Hopefully, this will allow the Entertainment Cable industry to innovate much faster and utilize the dark fiber. In fact, you probably should allow TV and BlueRay vendors to put the Xbox OS into TVs and BlueRay players.
The Xbox could become an awesome Home Entertainment Hub. Furthermore, it would be great if people could develop .Net applications for their Xbox, just like they could develop apps for Win Phone and their PC. And even better, people should be able to develop Xbox Apps for sale in the App Store.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DaverDaver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DaverDaver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm guessing there is a market for parents to get their kids their own TV so that the parents can eventually get their own TV back. All I watch are kid shows these days.

Maybe they should just start manufacturing Surface LED TV. That way the Xbox is built it. You just plug in a cable card like TIVO. Have Verizon, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Comcast or Best Buy sell or rent the TVs to the customers.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been thinking that there really is not much new home stuff to buy.. just more of the same old stuff.. just a little bigger, little cheaper, little clearer, etc. It's interesting how much the home entertainment industry has been resting on their laurels, milking the same old thing over and over again. I'm surprised nobody created a company that specialized in super cool super smart home systems... Shouldn't everything be stuffed into a TV like they used to do with game cartridges? I don't want a cable box, xbox hanging on my wall. If I want an xbox in my TV, I should be able to plug in an xbox cartridge into a port in my TV and then I got an xbox with kinect! I want a blue ray with that? That's another cartridge port! If I want cable TV, we plug in a cable TV cartridige! This way you only need one remote control, less of a mess, cheaper to manufacturer and expand accessories, etc.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft went into Hardware with Surface so they could give the PC makers some serious competition for innovation. Perhaps Microsoft should follow Google into the Fiber TV market to give competition to the cable TV companies to innovate. Microsoft oculd use xbox 720 as the cable box... no more extra remotes to misplace! A TV that is integrated with the cable box would be a dream come true! And perhaps the Cable TV companies will see that thier turf is not a monopoly and that they need to innovate by allowing innovations happen in the TV, game world.

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Networking/Google-Fiber-Service-Launches-in-Kansas-City-With-Eye-Toward-Cable-TV-739905/

Opps... Surface Tablet just came out... perhaps XBox 720.could solve a different issue of where do you put all the TV devices (CableBox, BlueRay Player, XBox, etc.) when you hang your giant LED screen on the wall? Perhaps there should be a high end MS Surface TV CableBox, Xbox, Blue Ray, All in One combo? Or license Samsung, Sony, Dell, HP, etc. to manufacture and sell them under their own names? It would be nice if you could just plug them like Lego Blocks into the back of the TV.

This suggestion is a little more hardware oriented but shouldn't we have the home of the future by now? Why can't we have people design Xbox 3rd Party Accessories that they can connect to their XBox 720 hub? Say I want a calendar, TODO list and clock magnet Surface hanging from my Fridge or Bathroom mirror? Let it remind you to Shave, Comb your hair, etc. Maybe I want an Xbox 720 serving wireless Video Advertisements to a retail store front Huge Surface LED screen hanging in the front window. Maybe I want to prorgram the TV guide only to display childrens channels for my kids to select from their TV guide. Heck, get rid of the Cablebox all together and plug the Cable Card right into the XBox 720. How about a XBox 720 video security system that burns to BlueRay? Let Kinect recognize intruders or warn people that the child is leaving the room. Open the thing up to 3rd Party Accessoriesto grow the Ecosystem.

Feedback and Knowledge Base