I suggest you ...

Allow all unit test types to be associated to a work item

The "choose a test" window that is displayed when associating an automated test to a work item only shows tests with an MS Test attribute. With VS now integrating other testing frameworks, like NUnit, it would be good if any test that shows up in Test Explorer (NUnit tests do) also show up in the Choose a Test window so they can be associated with a work item.

81 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe MinnehanJoe Minnehan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HMIndiaHMIndia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also face the same challenge. We have written so many UTC using MSTEST and execution is difficult. MTM can solve this for us.

• Gerhard MatzenGerhard Matzen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is related to what I want. Specifically, I want the ability to associate native C++ Unit tests to Work Items of type Test Case so that I can import these test cases into Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) and run these tests from MTM. We already have a large number of C# unit tests and we have done a large amount of automation around MTM. We do not want to solve this automation problem again for native C++ Unit tests.

Feedback and Knowledge Base