I suggest you ...

Add SharePoint Column Support

While I absolutely love the new VS 2012 projects for SharePoint List and Content Types (great job!), we still have to manually enter columns via XML. This is very tedious.... Seems like it would be easy to have a drop down box that lists the OTB columns (single line of text, number, dropdown, date, etc.) and upon selection, the column type XML would be generated - then we would only have to do minor tweaks to the XML. You have dropdowns for the list and content type, please add for columns.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Xiaoying Guo - MSFTXiaoying Guo - MSFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

May I know if you want the column support in the List Designer or in the Site Column item template? You are able to create a new column in the List Designer by inputing your own name (without selecting anything from the drop-down list). You are able to customize its type and other properties.

Thanks,
        Xiaoying Guo
        Program Manager, Microsoft Visual Studio SharePoint Developer Tools Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base