I suggest you ...

support opengl es 2.0 in winphone 8 and later

Both IOS and Android support opengl es 2.0, hope Windows Phone 8 and later will support opengl es 2.0, so we can reuse the source code!!!

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    HaierLuoHaierLuo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We truly don't need this.... Ogl has proven to be "broken" (bad implementations(with unconsistent behavior), old and full of legacy API). GLES is heading that way(it is uncosistent already). I agree that we need multi-platform graphics API but OGL is not the answer.

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is why i do not support microsoft any more ,, industry standard for 3D graphics programming is the most importen thing ,, you see this was xna , and soon directx are dropped ,, and all of your investment are gone,,

microsoft follow there own standard , and can be a danger for your bussiness

• AseshAsesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't expect this feature from Microsoft cause they use their own standards despite the fact that OpenGL is the industry standard for 3D graphics programming

• Igor McIgor Mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iOS also supports OpenAL and number of posix libraries, since Apple cares about its developers.

Feedback and Knowledge Base