I suggest you ...

Please, Please, Let us have VS2010 theme in VS2012

The new themes of VS 2012 brings headache(no insult, its personal). Please give us an option to select VS2010 theme with colorful icons.
Its really really hard to work with new themes.

350 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MehdyMehdy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) responded  · 

Hi Folks,

I am going to mark this as completed as we recently released a Blue theme in the Visual Studio Update 2 for VS2012.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38188

Please let us know what you think of the theme and if there’s any areas for improvement please log a suggestion bug on our Connect site: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio

Thanks,
    Cathy Sullivan
    VS IDE Team

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VipinVipin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This link doesn't works. Showing 'We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.' message.

• DenisDenis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shoot the idiot that removed the Blue theme from the Update to the Theme editor.
        Who in his right mind is working on the project management at Microsoft?????

We are all using that theme and who uses the Red theme some bimbo????

• MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The votes in this topic should be added at "Add some color to Visual Studio 2012", shouldn't it ?

• MarcelMarcel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The blue-style is a relief for my eyes, can tell you that. Still not the IDE from 2010 but I can work with it. Thanks.

• dizzy dizzydizzy dizzy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really don't know what has happened to Microsoft. They've alienated their most devoted Windows Mobile users, Followed by Windows users, followed by Windows Developer. I've been huge supporter of all things Microsoft for eons...but i can not get my self to accept metro and Windows 8. The biggest failure in their history imo and one that threatens their extinction (if you believe Gartner research). Who builds UI that look so archaic? like upgrate to Pong where they simply added colors. Ugly, horrific...
        Worst of all..where are the Windows???

• Adrian SalazarAdrian Salazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The color thing well, with some time we'll all get used to "color blindness".

But It was incredibly "smart" to make all the icons to have the same color. Seriously?

Now ill have to read every-time I add a new item. What in the world were you thinking ... ! Epic fail... I would make a meme out of it if I could.

Great productivity. Thanks you smart guys!

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SandRock.
        You are a rock mate, take a look at Norton Utilities from back in the early '90s. They had the same metro style, because that is what display cards could handle at the time. This is nothing new. It is going back 2 decades!

• JMCF125JMCF125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SandRock, what "new stuff" could we learn with that stupid interface? How about you "embrace the change" that idiots like you shouldn't post here? Huh, would you like it?

If you didn't then you would be "like [an] old person: afraid and lazy to learn new stuff".

This proves how falcious you're argument is.

• SandRockSandRock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embrace the change, it's good. You're all like old people: afraid and lazy to learn new stuff.

• AdamAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Studio 2012 has a horrific interface. However I unfortunately needed to upgrade to take advantage of EF 5 with some components only available through .NET 4.5.

Hence to make VS 2012 bearable, here is what you can do.

Icon Changed to VS 2010 (you must still have this installed) - http://vsip.codeplex.com
        Remove All Caps - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11042852/can-you-turn-off-all-caps-on-the-menus-in-vs2012
        Theme Editor - http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/366ad100-0003-4c9a-81a8-337d4e7ace05

• nopenope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry but what are designers at Microsoft are smoking at work?! This is really unusable! (Opinion of a whole dev department). I'm finally switching to CodeBlocks. The debugger is not as good as yours but I won't have to die because of headache and awkwardness!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is so so ugly.... It doesn't help developers to become productive... my advice: let the user select the theme he likes.

Please revert that default theme..!!!!!

• zokocxzokocx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Theme in VS2010 was perfect, why you throw away something that was perfect. Dont force Metro interface where is not needed, this is so repellent.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base