I suggest you ...

Integrate Office365 and Visual Studio Online

Please integrate Visual Studio Online and Office 365 better, considering that an organization that is interested in Visual Studio Online will be likely to be using Office 365.

Integration should include:
- Authentication - users should be able to use their Office365 accounts and not only LiveID.

- SharePoint site integration - from Visual Studio Online let me configure a site that I can host file sharing from, including the ability to use Office 365 as a SharePoint source. Administrative functionality should be included provided the user has the ability to administer Office365.

- SharePoint site integration, storyboarding - same as above, but specifically to better storyboarding integration. Currently users must manually "go somewhere else" to save their storyboard file, or add it under source control which is not ideal in either case. This should be seamless, especially considering the slightly non-technical nature of the audience for storyboarding.

1,209 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Neil McIsaacNeil McIsaac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Justin HubbardJustin Hubbard shared a merged idea: Integrate Team Foundation Service with Sharepoint  ·   · 
    Mauricio AvilesMauricio Aviles shared a merged idea: Integrate Team Foundation Service Web Access with Skydrive.  ·   · 
    OlivierOlivier shared a merged idea: Support using Sharepoint Online for TFS  ·   · 
    Bernard GrosperrinBernard Grosperrin shared a merged idea: Allow to link Team Foundation SERVICE with Sharepoint, just as it is possible for Team Foundation Server  ·   · 
    Richard ConwayRichard Conway shared a merged idea: Add the ability to create TFS->Sharepoint links in TFS Preview  ·   · 
    Gulshanur RahmanGulshanur Rahman shared a merged idea: Support Skydrive as a project repository  ·   · 
    Qaiser IftikharQaiser Iftikhar shared a merged idea: Make TFS integrate with Office 365  ·   · 

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthew MorganMatthew Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users in VSO (linked to Azure AD) should be recognized as O365. Currently, our resources in VSO are not automatically recognized in PWA even though they share the same email and have an E3 in O365. We could use clearer documentation on working through enterprise projects that rely on VSO for managing the Scrum development lifecycle. There is some guidance on connecting TFS (on-premise) to Project Server (on-premise), but very little on a VSO to PWA integration.

• Adhish GuptaAdhish Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integration between VSO and Office 365 will certainly lead to a 365 degree view of all the artifacts and activities. Very much needed.

• Adrian Hope-BailieAdrian Hope-Bailie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Justin: This was something you were passionate about enabling 2 years ago. Where is it sitting at this point in terms of your planning?

• PhilipPhilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really love this, especially if SharePoint was hosted in the cloud too, so that we could use Team Foundation Service with all the benefits of a Document Library as well.

• Scott AytonScott Ayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a priority for us as we cannot look at moving our onsite TFS server to this hosted service until we can control user access through our Office365 Organisational Accounts.

A way of linking MSDN subscriptions to organisational accounts will also be required at some stage.

• Brian ButcherBrian Butcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It might be good to separate the Authentication issue from the other suggestions in this post. I would give all of my votes to that item as a top priority.

This is critically important to an enterprise when an employee leaves. Failing to remove TFS access could be disastrous.

• JaniceJanice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If folks have SkyDrive account, it seems easy to use :) and I love "real-time" collaboration.

• JaniceJanice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea but does that mean our customers also require to have a skydrive account?

• James D. SchwarzmeierJames D. Schwarzmeier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like we should be able to add Office 365 (OrgId) users to TFS service instead of requiring Microsoft accounts...I suppose that would be #1 on my list of TFS/O365 integration.

• Casper JensenCasper Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Gold Partner we know how big a mess LiveID is when working with enterprise customers. When CRM Online (CRM hosted by MS) first launched the only option of authentication was LiveID. This simply wasn't suitable for enterprises as there were no way to enforce for instance quaterly change of password, custom retrieval policies etc. and users ALWAYS got confused when ever their coorporate (Active Directory or O365) credentials changed and then suddently their LiveID didn't change along. All in all - a very bad expirience for us and our customers. Now CRM Online is an integrated part of Office 365 and it just works. One password the rule them all and the the enterprise capabilities we know and love. So, PLEASE add Office 365 credentials. That will make our 280 user organization to make the move from TFS On-prem to online. Thanks!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base