I suggest you ...

Bring back a 1980s theme to the IDE, similar to Turbo C with UPPERCASE menus and monocolour icons.

The theme in the IDE for VS2010 is so modern it looks terrible. What I really want is a theme similar to Borland Turbo C. ALL UPPERCASE MENUS, no depth to anything, and monocolour icons. I want to feel like I am back in the DOS console. Take me back Microsoft, your C++ conformance does so why not the IDE.

Regards,
C++ develoepr

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tomotomo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nick, I'm afraid you're too late. Microsoft already spent the time to implement this suggestion, and those novelty retro themes ended up being the only ones available in Visual Studio 2012.

• Nick LechnowskyjNick Lechnowskyj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really? You guys want MS to spend time making some novelty retro theme? Visual Studio is an application for getting serious work done. This isn't a at your leisure Windows Movie Maker program. Adding this "feature" brings no real world benefit to anyone including you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This gets my vote just to highlight the silliness of the Visual Studio 2012 UI

• ta.speot.ista.speot.is commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd upvote this brilliant suggestion if I didn't already spend my votes on other issues addressing huge deficiencies in Visual C++.

Sad, but true.

Feedback and Knowledge Base