I suggest you ...

Add ability to filter Comments Task List (aka TODO list)

In big solutions it is not uncommon to find numerous TODO comments scattered around multiple projects. By adding filter like the one in Errors (Open Documents, Current Project, Current Document) would help to find what you need. Or at least consider adding the Project column to the Task list, just showing the File name is not enough.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DmitryDmitry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Colin HaleColin Hale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree - a list of dozens of 'todo' comments from a big solutions isn't much use unless you can either filter or customise the tag for your install of Studio, so you have the option of seeing only your own todo's.

• Craig S.Craig S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, I can't believe that this functionality does not yet exist. +1, heck, +100! I'm not a huge fan of these "TODO" comments, but when you truly (temporarily) need one, and a legacy code base already has hundreds of these, it's nice to create a custom token and then be able to only view your token. Otherwise, what might be a helpful comment to be removed later just becomes another piece of persistent noise.

• David MattenDavid Matten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also if you could filter by "solution folder", or some such thing

to restrict the area of view, besides the above filter

Feedback and Knowledge Base