I suggest you ...

JavaScript Unit Testing

Please provide a TestRunner for javascript Unit Testing Frameworks like QUnit. It should be possible to run them automated in the background. Also different browser javascript engines could be targeted (like IE oder Google V8).

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marius FilipowskiMarius Filipowski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Richard HepburnRichard Hepburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The test runner should also support TypeScript and should support attaching to the browser process so you can debug into the tests from inside of VS. Currently, it's very difficult to provide a productive development experience that allows developers to debug into their Unit Tests (QUnit, Jasmine, etc...) from within the VS IDE. The only way to do this now, is to create a separate test runner page (e.g. testrunner.html) and set that as your start page and then run VS. Most other test runner tools like Chutzpah and Karma don't allow you to debug the tests from within VS. It's also important to be able to integrate the test results back into VS so all test results are in one place.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I should see not just a test runner, but the the runner should be capable of debug tests too.

• Hugo BiargeHugo Biarge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to include code converge capabilities and integrarte the test and coverage results with Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server - Visual Studio. Online.

Feedback and Knowledge Base