I suggest you ...

Provide API documentation for the customization of TFS Web Access 2012

We would like to customize TFS Web Access 2012 to add new tabs, pages and other content to support our in-house processes. We were able to do this in the previous version of TFS Web Access. But there is no info about doing so in the current version of TFS Web Access.

833 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VladimirVladimir shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Om PrakashOm Prakash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the extensions, when its there, what is the problem in documenting it and giving it to people.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to be added. I support the idea. Makes no sense why it should not.
        Please add it.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be of Great Help. Honestly I'm not even sure why this wasn't included from the very start

• HarishHarish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customization of TFS Web access should be included. All other ALM products like JIRA comes with this features

• Craig JohnsonCraig Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! Please add this and supply a TFS 2013 Preview web access extension SDK/docs. Existing web access extensions appear to be incompatible with TFS 2013.

• OmerOmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to be able to customize Web Access.
        As more users seem to use it in 2012, I get more and more requests such as marking Blocked Tasks in the board with a different color/style, distinguish PBIs from Bugs in the release page, changing the default queries etc.

• Gary HowlettGary Howlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add my own dashboard and create my own widgets - containing information that's important to me.

Knowing the extensibility points would enable me to do this myself.

We know this is possible to do as the likes of UrbanTurtle are doing it. Can we please have this information made public.

Thanks

• Gary HowlettGary Howlett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add my own dashboard and create my own widgets - containing information that's important to me.

Knowing the extensibility points would enable me to do this myself.

We know this is possible to do as the likes of UrbanTurtle are doing it. Can we please have this information made public.

Thanks

• Anirban MukherjeeAnirban Mukherjee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, it would be very beneficial to be able to customize the links at the top of the TFS web access site where the navigation links reside to switch between Team projects/Teams within a Server instance. Ideally, a user should only see the links for Team/Project specific dashboards based on his access level and membership to various Teams.

• scottscott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unfamiliar with TFS, hopefully this is simple. I was asked to add a metadata column to the web interface (not Sharepoint, where I could add it through List Settings). When a user drills down to the source code, they're able to see:

Name | Pending Change | User | Version

We need to add a "Date Modified" column.

• David CrookesDavid Crookes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the real benefits of TFS being supported by adding and extending the features available in the Web Access. Being able to support customisations be it with plug-ins or other means would really help TFS provide the information its holds to the finger tips of its users.

The 2012 Web Access is a vast improvement and I'd like to see its features being further extended and on par with the dashbaording capbilities of Jira

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base