I suggest you ...

Allow running Windows Phone 8 Emulator on Non Hyper V laptops

Many power Core2Duo laptops could run virtual machines with no pain. It is weird that WP8 emulator runs only on hyper V laptops. We hope you can allow emulator to run on older PCs as it was for WP7.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Waleed El-BadryWaleed El-Badry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PatrickPatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe Microsoft should allow for integrated development for Windows Phone (Windows 10 mobile) without the use of Hyper-V or at least allow users to some how get it for free. Also, the market for other platforms is no doubt growing it would be great to see Visual Studio leading the way with a version for creating Mac/iOS applications, Android and other platforms such as Blackberry, all without the use of Xamarin and the simplicity of Cordova.

• Benjamin TarrantBenjamin Tarrant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include Hyper-V in VS package or even standard on Windows 10 when it comes out. Why limit possible awesome apps could be on the store(which by the way always shows the same junk nobody wants or cares about). It seems like were being restricted for what reason MS get the cut from all app store sales so why the need for Pro I reckon if they fixed that stupid store people would by more stuff MS get more commission instead of preying somebody will figure out how to by the pro pack for the crazy price it is for half the unwanted features it has. it seem like win 95 plus stupidity all over again

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am dropping a idea to get into windows phone 8 development because MS does't allow Emulator to run on my machine.

• Igor McIgor Mc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My MacBook Pro (with Core 2 Duo) runs iOS emulator perfect, but can't run WinPhone8. This is just ridiculous. Apple beating MS in both hardware and software.

Feedback and Knowledge Base