I suggest you ...

Let us create multiple collections on Visual Studio Online

As an organization with 25+ developers and 15+ ongoing/supported projects for several customers, we need the ability to group our team projects into different project collections.

I am sure we are not the only ones.

1,246 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas KalveThomas Kalve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • arknuarknu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have collections when you can't create new ones? That makes no sense at all. Please add this immediately!

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the lack of this feature we have toyed around with running multiple instances of VS0. Although this makes management a little more difficult, in the end it closely mirrors multiple collections.

I would think that Microsoft would want to fix this considering that you get 5 free users for each VSO instance. That’s 5 licenses that I potentially would not need to purchase with multiple VSO’s compared to paying for them under a single instance.

• PriyaPriya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 100s of VSTF projects and 1000s of TFS users in our organization. Providing the notion of collection/group of projects is important from any compliance/project data isolation and more importantly from an enterprise usability perspective. However, this should be a loosely coupled model and not like the TPC model in TFS on premise, as that adds other complications like project movements across collections/groups etc., which I would like to avoid if possible. Dynamically managing the collection/group of projects would be beneficial.

• Timothy DilbertTimothy Dilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an interim fix, could you please allow each Team Project to have unique numbering when it comes to Features, Requirements, changeset number and all that other good stuff. Truth be told, this is one of the main reasons why I have a Team Collection per client. Just something natural about seeing sequential changeset numbers and Product Backlog numbers. Maybe it's just me...

• RajneeshRajneesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to handle or add references of one solution to another solution when we have multiple solution(here i have 7 solutions - data, business,UI , common, services ) in one Team Project (TFS)?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base