I suggest you ...

Let us create multiple collections on Visual Studio Online

As an organization with 25+ developers and 15+ ongoing/supported projects for several customers, we need the ability to group our team projects into different project collections.

I am sure we are not the only ones.

1,401 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas KalveThomas Kalve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavDav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I will apreciate this feature to get ready on next VS Online version. This is very important.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, I come for look for this feature and it's not there. I'm stuck with the default collection. It's absurd.

• Joe VellaJoe Vella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is insane that at this point a feature so fundamental to organizing projects - internally or as a consultancy - has not been implemented by now.

• arknuarknu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have collections when you can't create new ones? That makes no sense at all. Please add this immediately!

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the lack of this feature we have toyed around with running multiple instances of VS0. Although this makes management a little more difficult, in the end it closely mirrors multiple collections.

I would think that Microsoft would want to fix this considering that you get 5 free users for each VSO instance. That’s 5 licenses that I potentially would not need to purchase with multiple VSO’s compared to paying for them under a single instance.

• PriyaPriya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 100s of VSTF projects and 1000s of TFS users in our organization. Providing the notion of collection/group of projects is important from any compliance/project data isolation and more importantly from an enterprise usability perspective. However, this should be a loosely coupled model and not like the TPC model in TFS on premise, as that adds other complications like project movements across collections/groups etc., which I would like to avoid if possible. Dynamically managing the collection/group of projects would be beneficial.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base