I suggest you ...

Let us create multiple collections on Visual Studio Online

As an organization with 25+ developers and 15+ ongoing/supported projects for several customers, we need the ability to group our team projects into different project collections.

I am sure we are not the only ones.

1,499 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas KalveThomas Kalve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin HinshelwoodMartin Hinshelwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently create multiple collections in VSO, one for each customer. Each collection gets a unique URL, so I create http://customer-nkd.visualstudio.com as part of my active directory infrastructure. This keeps the collection isolated from the other customers and gives me the option to 'hand over' the collection directly to the customer.

What features are lacking in this process?

• DavDav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I will apreciate this feature to get ready on next VS Online version. This is very important.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Today, I come for look for this feature and it's not there. I'm stuck with the default collection. It's absurd.

• Joe VellaJoe Vella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is insane that at this point a feature so fundamental to organizing projects - internally or as a consultancy - has not been implemented by now.

• arknuarknu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why have collections when you can't create new ones? That makes no sense at all. Please add this immediately!

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the lack of this feature we have toyed around with running multiple instances of VS0. Although this makes management a little more difficult, in the end it closely mirrors multiple collections.

I would think that Microsoft would want to fix this considering that you get 5 free users for each VSO instance. That’s 5 licenses that I potentially would not need to purchase with multiple VSO’s compared to paying for them under a single instance.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base