I suggest you ...

Let us create multiple collections on Visual Studio Online

As an organization with 25+ developers and 15+ ongoing/supported projects for several customers, we need the ability to group our team projects into different project collections.

I am sure we are not the only ones.

1,127 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Thomas KalveThomas Kalve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • PriyaPriya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 100s of VSTF projects and 1000s of TFS users in our organization. Providing the notion of collection/group of projects is important from any compliance/project data isolation and more importantly from an enterprise usability perspective. However, this should be a loosely coupled model and not like the TPC model in TFS on premise, as that adds other complications like project movements across collections/groups etc., which I would like to avoid if possible. Dynamically managing the collection/group of projects would be beneficial.

• Timothy DilbertTimothy Dilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an interim fix, could you please allow each Team Project to have unique numbering when it comes to Features, Requirements, changeset number and all that other good stuff. Truth be told, this is one of the main reasons why I have a Team Collection per client. Just something natural about seeing sequential changeset numbers and Product Backlog numbers. Maybe it's just me...

• RajneeshRajneesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to handle or add references of one solution to another solution when we have multiple solution(here i have 7 solutions - data, business,UI , common, services ) in one Team Project (TFS)?

• Andoni CortazarAndoni Cortazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3

This is an essential feature in order to have a basic project management. I hope Microsoft will listen to our opinion and that correct this issue soon.

• SS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree very much, administration part is as important as sharing code and stuff.

• Richard PreenRichard Preen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major security issue, if you have multiple clients, they can see each other's projects and all of the VSO account's users, when they view the control panel->DefaultCollection->Security tab, even if you only add them to one project. They can see every name/email address (user) and then by clicking on the 'member of' tab all the projects that' user is working on !!
        So a) anyone can quickly get the email addresses of all of my employees working on ANY project and b) get the names of all of the project's listed for which most consulting companies have the client's name as part of the project name !!
        Wow - all my clients can see each other's projects. It's impossible for me to use one VSO account for more than one client, otherwise I'll break my NDA agreements with each client !!!
        Unless of course I scramble all of the user names and project names which kind of defeats the object ?
        This is a MAJOR SECURITY Flaw !!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 We are using "online" for Visual Studio work and the Eclipse plug in for Android development. It all works great, but with just one collection it is getting "messy".

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base