Provide documentation files on the product DVD.
Dear Visual Studio Team,
Since you are using only 1 GB of 4.7 GB on the VS 2012 Pro DVD, it would be very helpful if the DVD contained at least the largest of the downloadable documentation files. Downloading gigabytes of documentation with a 256 kbps DSL Internet connection, will take me DAYS. Here are some suggested inclusions...
* 320 MB - Visual Studio 2012 Fundamentals
* 838 MB - .NET Framework 4.5
* 617 MB - .NET Framework 4
* 8 MB - Visual Basic and Visual C#
* 59 MB - Visual C++
* 202 MB - ALM and Team Foundation Server
* 577 MB - Windows Desktop App Development
* 40 MB - Books Online for SQL Server 2012
* 178 MB - Developer Reference for SQL Server 2012
The total is 2839 MB, and there is still space remaining on the DVD for more documentation ... Blend, LightSwitch, Office and SharePoint?
I have moved this suggestion to the 'Help' category so that our documentation team will be able to evaluate this request. Thank you for taking the time to submit this idea!
Visual Studio Program Manager
I agree with anything that will make the documentation better. I'm so tired of having to google and read PDFs and insider blogs to learn APIs.
The MSDN should be the go-to reference not a list of random links from a blog.