I suggest you ...

Silverlight 6

Please do work on Silverlight next version. I feel Silverlight is great tool which has best in cross development web experience. Although you guys are spending time on HTML5 and other stuffs, but I feel it takes years to bring HTML 5 is not flexible enough like Silverlight.

One more thing, as a Silverlight developer it was only my chance to replace flash from my projects, but as you guys stopped working on it; I feel that I wasted my time in learning Silverlight.

Do start working on Silverlight, Only this will get you back in increasing footprints in website business

9,316 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VIshal PatilVIshal Patil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

456 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i just finished my silverlight application for currency trading company . Everybody like the application. I am expecting silverlight 6.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've done Silverlight and html 5 and prefer Silverlight. The problem is that it is not supported on mobile devices, particularly iOS devices, and never will be. The market is becoming very mobile-centric which is why Silverlight will ultimately die or become a freeware product maintained by the community but not Microsoft. Microsoft usually makes good business decisions even when they aren't the best technical decisions.

• Erkan CeyhanErkan Ceyhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for Silverlight 6. They should make silverlight the WEB Standard :) For instance on each OS Silverlight runtime installed. Mobile compatability. Performace upgrades etc..

• CarlosCarlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One cannot trust in offerings of "paradises" ("Rich Internet Applications" promise).
        Yes, modern apps looks great, but not ready yet (remember Win 8 to Win 8.1, some changes to programs). Things missing in Windows 8.1 yet (example: control by OS of movements of device) and other things that programmer must implement "by hand". A good SO must include (all) service calls to common resources.
        I have thousands of lines written in Silverlight 5, no problem for migrate to modern apps, I know that the only constant is the movement, but; Will be modern apps supported and not deprecated in future, like Silverlight?
        Silverlight will be supported for ten years, so, before write a lot of moderns apps, we have time to wait for a stable versión of the popular Operating System.

• GertaGerta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company is in a trouble.
        We do not like WPF because it is not runing in browsers.
        We have many Silverlight application, but Microsoft want to kill it. So we do not develop in Silverlight.
        And we do not use Metro, because it is not backward compatible (and Metro is a big ****

Now we try to use HTML5 and javascript. HTML5 and Javascript make Microsoft's products and technologyes totally ignorable.

• Anand RaghavanAnand Raghavan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Silverlight seems to be the only real way to create enterprise quality web applications that have a user interface that works cross browser, something all the users love to use and gets around the various java script, jquery issues with the HTML apps. Please revive SL and continue with your best developer and user friendly platform to date...

• Paola UdrisPaola Udris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Back Silverlight. HTML5 and Javascript will never ever become a replacement for Silverlight.
        Silverlight is the only LOB system Dev over platform possible.
        Microsoft must not betray the programmers!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23

Feedback and Knowledge Base