I suggest you ...

Customize Process Template on Visual Studio Online

In Visual Studio Online, allow the ability to change the current process template a created project is using as well as the ability to upload your own process templates to create new projecsts with.

3,622 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathon StevensJonathon Stevens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    shareptmastershareptmaster shared a merged idea: Provide complete web based Work Item Customization like JIRA  ·   · 
    LaneLane shared a merged idea: Add custom fields to work items in Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow editing of WIT on Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    TalTal shared a merged idea: Hosted team foundation service does not support edit process template - Bad Bad Bad  ·   · 
    KhalidKhalid shared a merged idea: Allow support for process template customization (like work type definition editing).  ·   · 
    NerdlingNerdling shared a merged idea: Allow TFS Project owners to customize existing or create new work item types  ·   · 
    Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz.Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz. shared a merged idea: Allow to update or create process template on tfs service preview.  ·   · 
    Martin CrispMartin Crisp shared a merged idea: allow process editor to make changes to tfspreview  ·   · 
    Alan YaoAlan Yao shared a merged idea: Support witadmin to track and manage work item for TFS on Azure.  ·   · 

174 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ToddTodd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be released? I really need to know as I am considering moving to VSO, but without this we might need to start with on-premise install....

• Tom FergusonTom Ferguson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason I would like this is because I am currently unable to query the Kanban state of a WI. For me, if the Kanban state was surfaced, it would be less pressing to be able to add different States to the WI.

• Stacy GuerraStacy Guerra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a template that allows a team member to click on a button that they have accepted the task and immediately enter in progress or to do; and notify scrum master that via email or chat or ping;

Optimal Robust Active burn reports should be an option. currently the manual process is cumbersome. JIRA creates all of these based on activity; I would like to have the ability to pull similar types of reports. Also implementing something similar to hip chat or skype.

I would like the ability to modify Status, Details, Activity fields to suit our team's nomenclature practices. currently there are not enough options; for example; activity "code review" and "ready for deployment" and "QA Testing after Deployment should all be activity items available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason my team can't go with Visual Studio Online. The day this feature is working, all our projects get transferred.

• Chris HollingsworthChris Hollingsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look forward to the details. Agree with Scott, ability to add/rename fields or juggle existing VSO field objects has been asked about on projects I have worked on.

• BorisBoris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just when I was hopping on the VSO train but were unhappy with the existing process template, you make life better! Awesome.

• Scott WeeklundScott Weeklund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The templates are good and useable in most Agile, Scrum, even some light Kanban applications. I really like this tool now over other management tools. You all have some a long way and every enhancement I have seen is very nice. Some I had voted for. While I agree, the ability to modify a template and save it as your own would be nice. Mostly, I would like the ability to add or change fields or field labels for customer processes. All projects are different and all clients are different. Keep us the great work team!

• Guillermo AlfaroGuillermo Alfaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using VSO Scrum template and need the ability to customise it to enable us improve development process on Estimation and Project Management, including below fields.

1) PBI / Task Sizing. Eg XS, Small, Medium, Large, XL
        2) Completed & Original Estimate. To sync VSO & MS Project Plan to communicate project status/ progress to sponsors/stakeholders. The current Scrum template only provides the Remaining Work field.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base