I suggest you ...

Customize Process Template on Visual Studio Online

In Visual Studio Online, allow the ability to change the current process template a created project is using as well as the ability to upload your own process templates to create new projecsts with.

3,107 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathon StevensJonathon Stevens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LaneLane shared a merged idea: Add custom fields to work items in Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow editing of WIT on Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    TalTal shared a merged idea: Hosted team foundation service does not support edit process template - Bad Bad Bad  ·   · 
    KhalidKhalid shared a merged idea: Allow support for process template customization (like work type definition editing).  ·   · 
    NerdlingNerdling shared a merged idea: Allow TFS Project owners to customize existing or create new work item types  ·   · 
    Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz.Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz. shared a merged idea: Allow to update or create process template on tfs service preview.  ·   · 
    Martin CrispMartin Crisp shared a merged idea: allow process editor to make changes to tfspreview  ·   · 
    Alan YaoAlan Yao shared a merged idea: Support witadmin to track and manage work item for TFS on Azure.  ·   · 

144 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MalMal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same deal. I'd seriously look to shift our company to VSO if we could use our custom WITs, even using the existing Scrum process template.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only thing that is holding us from switching our team from our TFS on premise servers to visualstudioonline.com

• MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great product, but.... It absolutely needs the ability to edit and create process templates. This feature was requested over two years ago and has over 3,000 votes? What gives?

• TestingJohnTestingJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a show stopper for us. Without the ability to customize WITs by adding fields and changing workflows, we are unable to enforce corporate standards, track enterprise class projects and report metrics appropriately. We want to use VSO to streamline Azure deployments, since you can't use the latest automated Azure deployment tools with a local TFS instance. A real disappointment!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. We are very keen to move to VS Online but - LIKE EVERYONE ELSE we have custom work item templates.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this feature! My company is looking to move to VSO but are unable to without the ability to use custom process templates/work items. I hope Microsoft can be more forthcoming about when we could expect this feature as we are very anxious to move to VSO asap.

• NiallNiall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a show stopper. We many users who use custom fields with TFS2010 Scrum template, this fields are required for VSO which we plan to move to next month.
        (aside, we also haves 1000s of work items which need to be migrated which also have these fields).

• Matt RuweMatt Ruwe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a necessity before I can adopt at most of the organizations I consult at.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the status of this? We have been waiting for this for over a year on our team....

• ZephanZephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BLOCKS our adoption: Currently we cannot move away from self-hosting TFS in-house until custom WIT is supported in VS Online.

I'll echo Global Lists requirement mentioned Jan 30. (We don't use SharePoint, Reports, or MS Project so any related dependencies for those do not block our use case.)

Very important and useful to map and track actual process journey with the visible board.

We are considering a move away from Visual Studio because of this lack of functionality.

Won't move to Azure without it. You also need to be able to mod Global Lists and MS Project Field Mappings too!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base