I suggest you ...

Customize Process Template on Visual Studio Online

In Visual Studio Online, allow the ability to change the current process template a created project is using as well as the ability to upload your own process templates to create new projecsts with.

2,161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathon StevensJonathon Stevens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow editing of WIT on Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    TalTal shared a merged idea: Hosted team foundation service does not support edit process template - Bad Bad Bad  ·   · 
    KhalidKhalid shared a merged idea: Allow support for process template customization (like work type definition editing).  ·   · 
    NerdlingNerdling shared a merged idea: Allow TFS Project owners to customize existing or create new work item types  ·   · 
    Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz.Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz. shared a merged idea: Allow to update or create process template on tfs service preview.  ·   · 
    Martin CrispMartin Crisp shared a merged idea: allow process editor to make changes to tfspreview  ·   · 
    Alan YaoAlan Yao shared a merged idea: Support witadmin to track and manage work item for TFS on Azure.  ·   · 

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarkoMarko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree. Not sure why they aren't allowing it. I was able to pull down the template, and edit it, only to find out I can't upload it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work Item customization is most important. Every Project need it.
        Please provide this feature asap

• Bill SchenckBill Schenck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a very simple requirement and even minimal customization of the process template would help. We want to differentiate 'bugs' found in internal testing from bugs found by clients. We want all our staff to be able to track the status of bugs reported by clients -- no easy way to do this when QA and client-reported problems have to go into the same bucket.

• MJCMJC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is absolutely necessary and is stopping our migration. PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTIONALITY MEOW!!!!!!!

We are having to migrate from VSO to a self-hosted version of TFS, albeit on Azure. We are a startup company and we are trying to use everything we can as SaaS. We started out using VSO but the first problem we ran into was the inability to run custom tests (we are using Telerik Test Studio) which caused us to run a custom build/test server. Now we have a requirement to customize the work item template so we are going to have to move our whole TFS process to the self-hosted version. Disappointing. The VSO product is really only appropriate very small/simple projects and teams. It's not at all clear going in that this is the case.

Need the feature to be able to migrate online. We have a couple of work item types that have to be there to maintain auditing for HIPAA and SOX compliance.

• BryanSBryanS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a huge issue on the last couple projects. The team is frustrated without this ability to match the work items to our process. Even the ability to define a couple work item types, rename them and add status values would be a big help.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no bugs in the backlog view is a problem for my team too. i think we're going to use tags to mark certain user stories as bugs for now.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this too....who thought it was a good idea to make bugs not show up in the agile template in the backlog view?

• David LevasseurDavid Levasseur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One size does not fit all. We need to be able to customize TFS in order to support our process verse altering our processes to fit a tool. Very poor decision Microsoft.

Currently trying to use VSO without the custom templating and we are constantly running into process issue. This is really a vital functionality

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base