I suggest you ...

Customize Process Template on Visual Studio Online

In Visual Studio Online, allow the ability to change the current process template a created project is using as well as the ability to upload your own process templates to create new projecsts with.

2,503 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathon StevensJonathon Stevens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LaneLane shared a merged idea: Add custom fields to work items in Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: allow editing of WIT on Visual Studio Online  ·   · 
    TalTal shared a merged idea: Hosted team foundation service does not support edit process template - Bad Bad Bad  ·   · 
    KhalidKhalid shared a merged idea: Allow support for process template customization (like work type definition editing).  ·   · 
    NerdlingNerdling shared a merged idea: Allow TFS Project owners to customize existing or create new work item types  ·   · 
    Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz.Luis Esteban Valencia Muñoz. shared a merged idea: Allow to update or create process template on tfs service preview.  ·   · 
    Martin CrispMartin Crisp shared a merged idea: allow process editor to make changes to tfspreview  ·   · 
    Alan YaoAlan Yao shared a merged idea: Support witadmin to track and manage work item for TFS on Azure.  ·   · 

109 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chuck FrazierChuck Frazier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due dates and estimated/total hours at least would be a nice addition. We tend to do our estimating via hours rather than points.

• Eric W. CahoonEric W. Cahoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Absolute essential. Should be top priority!" Well that's an understatement. How fast can we get this feature?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can add us to the list of companies that need this feature in order to be able to use VSO.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Total showstopper for us - we cannot migrate online until VS online supports work item and global list customizations

This is great news. We moved our development environment onto the cloud in June and had had to refine/update our software development process to work with what Microsoft provides. These new capabilities once released will not only help my company but also others.

I believe there will be many more companies move their development environment onto the cloud.

• CCCC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team are a few of weeks away from finishing a big project only to find out about this issue and it is causing us grief. Hoping this gets resolved soon...

• ThibautThibaut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys, this is a critical feature for our development team, we really need the ability to edit the work item template to track time like in an on premise mode (original estimate / remaining / completed work). For the time being we are writing these 3 numbers in out tasks title...

Thanks!

We migrated from on-premises TFS where we had customized templates which we now can't use nor replicate.

There are some obvious deficiencies with the standard templates, like not having a target date on a Task. I Thought VSO would be an improvement but sadly it is not even up to TFS 2008 functionality yet!

This feature is critical. We are struggling to use the system online with this limitation.

• Daniel FosterDaniel Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a great feature, it's a little strange that it does not exist yet. Since the design, workflow, and layout is stored as XML, the storage of this custom data could just as easily be stored efficiently, using the design XML as a guide for extracting some compressed binary data. Great idea, and it seems to have a good number of followers. You can do it, MS, "Chugga chugga chugga, toot...tooooot."

• ValVal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an extremely important feature to us! We reached task board limits...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base