I suggest you ...

XNA 5

Please continue to work on XNA. It's a great way for indie game developers like myself to make games and give them to the world. XNA gave us the ability to put our games, easily, on the most popular platforms, and to just dump XNA would be therefor heartbreaking... I implore you to keep working on XNA so we C# developers can still make amazing games!

21,603 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charles JacksonCharles Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

321 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LucasLucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just love XNA! If at least there is the support for XNA 4 for Visual Studio 2012 and higher, it will be enough for me!

• FA SeidmanFA Seidman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The worst part of XNA's cancellation is that Microsoft cancelled XNA to replace it with...nothing. Windows Phone game tutorials ON microsoft.com and affiliated sites still direct users to XNA 4.0. Game tutorials in C# often do the same, and C# is far from cancelled. What does Microsoft WANT small developers using for the new breed of multimedia apps and games? Can we please get a straight answer?

Microsoft needs to dialogue with indie game designers about what their needs are and what ours are. Obviously, the Indie Games Marketplace wasn't the windfall they wanted; but the tools didn't permit one-person and small outfits to create that level of content. We still want to; we need to know if they still want us to try. I have a LOT of exceptional technology in XNA I'd be happy to make available to the community or port to whatever the new game development solution in C# is; just please have the dialogue, Redmond. Please!

--a faithful but frustrated longterm developer for Microsoft technologies

• Sidewinder128Sidewinder128 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

XNA 4 it was one of the best Graphics framework I worked. It was well designed and performant. The next step is Monogame. Its a XNA 4 open source implementation. So for folks that love XNA, Monogame is the XNA 4 with more additions but open source you are looking for. But I would love to see Microisoft support on this so yes XNA5 we need it please.

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've finally seen the light. Monogame can be considered and should be considered the replacement for XNA. All my original XNA code works in new projects and Monogame is multiplatform. The new Monogame content pipeline works like a charm at creating .xnb files from various textures, models, and fonts. The lack of a content pipeline was all that was keeping me from Monogame but their recent updates have resolved this problem. I can nearly cut & paste (excuse my French) all my code with only a few small changes to build and run my project. Monogame is also Win 10 compatible. To summarize, I believe XNA 5 IS Monogame. Win2D still looks like a great tool for making UI.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear microsoft, please show some respect for your developers who came to love XNA over the years, and invested a great deal of time and love into it, and, if the further development is absolutely out of question, at least make it open source, in line with your new "open source" trend for other technologies.

This really is not the way to treat your developers, not giving any kind of response at all, in spite of over 21 thousand votes. What kind of signal are you sending to us??? I've been a faithful MS developer for years, used many of your technologies (including XNA) professionally to develop for your sistems, and now you're telling me that me and tens of thousands guys like me are not worth 5 minutes of your time? And all the goodwill the community built up around XNA. Does that really mean nothing to you? With such an attitude, I am really worried about your future MS, and will think twice before commiting myself to your technologies in the future.

Thank you.
        Uros

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shawn Hargreaves is spearheading WIN2D. It is currently in development. You can help out by visiting - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/win2d/archive/2014/09/04/introducing-win2d-gpu-accelerated-2d-graphics-programming-in-the-windows-runtime.aspx

I think it's a great project and will suffice for making 2D games or rich user interfaces. I've been out of programming for awhile but I am getting back into the game and learning WIN2D.

Ditto love xna. I can create my own game quickly without a large team of developer. Windows 8 lack of xn a forced me to go with an iPad since it was worthless for coding. Pleas bring back xn a in windows 10 so I will have an excuse to buy som more pcs to explore more code projects. Long time coder. Doug leidy coding since 1979... Yes mainframes and paper displays back then...lol

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent a great deal of time learning XNA - Microsoft's handling of the deprecation (keeping everyone guessing) was deplorable. I jumped to Monogame once it was finally confirmed that XNA was getting chopped, and I'd sooner drop developing for Microsoft than have to spend ages re-skilling to something else, especially if that "something else" is Unity or a similar drag-and-drop kind of tool.

Let's see XNA 5 - or at least full support for Monogame!

• JamieJamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still using XNA 4 right now.... I would love to see an XNA 5.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a programmer with some interest in game development XNA is ideal. If you're the other way around (a game developer with some interest in programming) Unity might be a better fit, but for me XNA is just great. More development and improvements would be much appreciated.

I agree 100 percent. Please keep XNA alive und develop it further or give us a similair (managed) solution. XNA was unique and truely great.

• SergeySergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MICROSOFT!!!!
        Возьмите ядро sharpdx и переделайте под xna! Ну это же не так сложно, как делать его с нуля!

300 comments and 20,000 votes is good. But Microsoft will probably just ignore this suggestion, just like they have done with the suggestion to update VB6 programming.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base