I suggest you ...

XNA 5

Please continue to work on XNA. It's a great way for indie game developers like myself to make games and give them to the world. XNA gave us the ability to put our games, easily, on the most popular platforms, and to just dump XNA would be therefor heartbreaking... I implore you to keep working on XNA so we C# developers can still make amazing games!

21,173 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charles JacksonCharles Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

314 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shawn Hargreaves is spearheading WIN2D. It is currently in development. You can help out by visiting - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/win2d/archive/2014/09/04/introducing-win2d-gpu-accelerated-2d-graphics-programming-in-the-windows-runtime.aspx

I think it's a great project and will suffice for making 2D games or rich user interfaces. I've been out of programming for awhile but I am getting back into the game and learning WIN2D.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto love xna. I can create my own game quickly without a large team of developer. Windows 8 lack of xn a forced me to go with an iPad since it was worthless for coding. Pleas bring back xn a in windows 10 so I will have an excuse to buy som more pcs to explore more code projects. Long time coder. Doug leidy coding since 1979... Yes mainframes and paper displays back then...lol

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent a great deal of time learning XNA - Microsoft's handling of the deprecation (keeping everyone guessing) was deplorable. I jumped to Monogame once it was finally confirmed that XNA was getting chopped, and I'd sooner drop developing for Microsoft than have to spend ages re-skilling to something else, especially if that "something else" is Unity or a similar drag-and-drop kind of tool.

Let's see XNA 5 - or at least full support for Monogame!

• JamieJamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still using XNA 4 right now.... I would love to see an XNA 5.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a programmer with some interest in game development XNA is ideal. If you're the other way around (a game developer with some interest in programming) Unity might be a better fit, but for me XNA is just great. More development and improvements would be much appreciated.

I agree 100 percent. Please keep XNA alive und develop it further or give us a similair (managed) solution. XNA was unique and truely great.

• SergeySergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MICROSOFT!!!!
        Возьмите ядро sharpdx и переделайте под xna! Ну это же не так сложно, как делать его с нуля!

300 comments and 20,000 votes is good. But Microsoft will probably just ignore this suggestion, just like they have done with the suggestion to update VB6 programming.

• Rob TillRob Till commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I'd rather Microsoft just support the MonoGame project directly and help improve it ;)

• LegacyOfHerotLegacyOfHerot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The future of computing is real-world interaction. No longer just spreadsheets and documents, its accelerometers, speech recognition / synthesis, Kinect and other sensors. We need to think bigger than "just" XNA, the windows codebase supports loads of cool stuff but its spread over a dozen SDKs and hundreds of class libraries. Three different libraries for Speech...WTF?
        Bring them all together in a single, consistent codebase.

• RB WhitakerRB Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@MichaelStrange, the catch with that link is that it appears to be some random guy who has essentially hacked the old installer into a new installer and posted it on CodePlex. The XNA EULA is very clear that this kind of thing is illegal. Microsoft hasn't gone after it in the time it's been there yet, so maybe they don't care as much as their EULA would imply. Something like that would probably do the trick if we could get it officially backed by Microsoft, but we haven't yet.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

Feedback and Knowledge Base