I suggest you ...

XNA 5

Please continue to work on XNA. It's a great way for indie game developers like myself to make games and give them to the world. XNA gave us the ability to put our games, easily, on the most popular platforms, and to just dump XNA would be therefor heartbreaking... I implore you to keep working on XNA so we C# developers can still make amazing games!

16,278 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charles JacksonCharles Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

221 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mao gangmao gang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please go on support xna or xna in silerlight
        xna is a operation gpu api library,if stop it who can support C# operat gpu from official?

• Nathan JervisNathan Jervis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has shown pretty good interest in the open source community lately, and it'd be awesome if what they did was open source XNA or contribute to the open source mono-game development.

• Matt EichmanMatt Eichman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree XNA needs to be cherished and loved, not tossed aside like a prom night dumpster baby. To do so would tear the hearts of indie game devs and novice hobbyists asunder like a hot knife through butter. The scream of a thousand souls in eternal agony marked the day they cut support, and the sun burned colder.

• RB WhitakerRB Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@XNA 7.0, we've seen that link before, but I'll say what I said before again. The XNA license is pretty explicit about not redistributing the files (except the actual redistributable) and about not reverse engineering the files. That project looks cool, but it doesn't seem to be officially backed or sanctioned by Microsoft, and they appear to be both illegally redistributing the files and attempting to reverse engineer the XNA files. I wouldn't be surprised to see Microsoft come after that project some time with an army of lawyers, in the name of protecting their IP. I don't think individual downloaders will face big reprecussions, but I'd keep my distance from the project.

• Johan van NiekerkJohan van Niekerk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have lectured programming for 15 years now and have never found a better tool to teach proper object orientated design than XNA. Microsoft should remember that academics often need the simpler tools that isn't perfect for "real development". We need to be able to teach students in an environment where learning the environment/framework itself is simple and does not take a lot of time so that we can focus on the real programming skills. We also need MS to keep on supporting such technologies for several years after they decided its not necessarily commercially viable. Developing a curriculum, and practical classes, and notes, etc etc takes TIME AND EFFORT.
        Honestly, the fact that MS is almost schizophrenic in how often they promote and then drop new technologies makes it a poor choice for me to invest my time into. I'm really at the point where I want to completely ditch all MS technologies and only focus on open source (like many academics/universities already do) JUST because MS keep on dropping support for platforms that is very useful in teaching.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep XNA alive!

• Leopard WrightLeopard Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No don't upgrade XNA !!
        keep up to develop C++ native code DirextX 12 with Mental that supported consoles devices and PC, better than C# manage code XNA

• RB WhitakerRB Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Xeon, that's very interesting! In particular, the parts that talk about "renewing the focus on gaming and game development technologies", "newly formed team", and "win back our game developers from our competitors." Even if it's not a job to specifically build a new XNA or a successor of XNA in spirit, the shift in messaging in support of game development is a good sign for everyone who originally fell in love with XNA in the first place!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base