I suggest you ...

XNA 5

Please continue to work on XNA. It's a great way for indie game developers like myself to make games and give them to the world. XNA gave us the ability to put our games, easily, on the most popular platforms, and to just dump XNA would be therefor heartbreaking... I implore you to keep working on XNA so we C# developers can still make amazing games!

22,851 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Charles JacksonCharles Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

356 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paolo TedescoPaolo Tedesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I removed my votes from this idea to recover them and spend them elsewhere.
        I think it would be appropriate to close this one as "declined" or something equivalent.
        In the meanwhile, I moved to Unity for my hobbyist game development activities.

• foofoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move on to Unity3D already, game over. XNA has long been dead.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, we were let down by MS and their XNA product with the release of Windows 8. Please, let's not do that to ourselves again. It was very frustrating to learn an entire platform just to have it abandoned as such.

Everyone has since moved on to Unity.

I suggest you do the same.

• Gavin WilliamsGavin Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, just close this thread as 'Declined' and be done with it please. It's ridiculous that XNA has been dead for many years now, with a number of superior replacements, and yet, this suggestion is allowed to sit here and fester.

Close it, and put these people out of their misery. This isn't a game. Many of these people are having fantasies about XNA 5, show them some respect by closing this thread.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They won't release a new version of this, as they can't even make the real next version of VB6! Especially that shall be a piece of cake for them because they already have VBA7 which with some small modifications can be made into VB6.5, or whatever you name it.

• Marek SliwaMarek Sliwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft seriously has continuity issues, from developer APIs to their own apps and products, if it doesn't work out they quit, even if it does work and has users, they change the product and release something to replace it which is half baked. Xbox and Windows phone may be the only exceptions, though it does seem like they've given up on Windows phone given how buggy Windows 10 mobile is.

• Dan ColasantiDan Colasanti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I doubt Microsoft will continue working on XNA, so I just wish they would open-source it to allow MonoGame to replace its buggier code (e.g. gesture processing) and fill in the missing pieces (audio formats, dynamic sound, vibrate intensity, etc.)...

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No XNA for Visual Studio/Windows 10? Microsoft products . . . stand up for yourself!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nurture us XNA developers and let us make great games just for Windows Store! In the meantime, Ill continue with WP 7.1 with xna.

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a thought. I heard that xna was too good and larger game developers had an issue with such a competitive tool being available to everyone. Maybe MS got some pressure to stop supporting XNA?

• IsaacIsaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Monogame works fine. Microsoft has already put their support behind monogame as the alternative to xna. I WANT an official xna 5 as well but it will not happen. At best, Microsoft will officially take over Monogame and rebrand it xna 5, but even that is very unlikely.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Feedback and Knowledge Base