I suggest you ...

Automatic Stored Procedure Generation in SSDT

In some organizations production apps are only allowed to communicate with a database through stored procedures, including basic features like SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, AND DELETE. As a result, when creating a new table stored procedures must be created for each of those functions. While not difficult to do, it is incredibly tedious and time consuming when working with a lot of tables.

It would be nice if a SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) project had the option to automatically script stored procedures for a table or a view. SQL Server Management Studio has a somewhat similar feature with Script As, however it would be nice to take it a step further by having the ability to generate input parameters as well.

Even without the development requirement mentioned in the first paragraph, the ability to automatically generate stored procedure scripts to some degree could greatly increase productivity and reduce the tedium of creating certain procedures.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob JohnsonBob Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...