I suggest you ...

Provide a way of exporting or converting webtestresult files to text

Understanding web test results and finding dynamic data is hard work. The search facilities within Visual Studio 2012 are primitive when looking at web test results. There are no options for annotating a result file to remind oneself of what has been found and can be ignored, found and may be relevant etc.

It would be nice to have a textual form of the whole of the web test result file that can be examined with ones favourite text editor and where annotations etc can easily be added.

Possibly the output should be XML to allow easy recognition of the different parts of the output.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdrianHHHAdrianHHH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdrianHHHAdrianHHH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be very useful to have a way of exporting the web test results from load tests. It would be useful to have a way of exporting all test logs and, possibly, only selected test logs from a load test.

Analysing multiple load test failures is time consuming. Currently you can click on a "test log" entry in the "error" table to view the log within Visual Studio. If one test has multiple errors then each error gets a "test log" entry with no way of seeing which errors are for the same test run and so in the same log file. So examining all the log files of a load test requires lots of clicking of "test log" links many of which refer to files that have already been opened.

Feedback and Knowledge Base