Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Visual Studio TeamAdminVisual Studio Team (Product Team, Microsoft) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JarekJarek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement 'Edit and Continue for C++' as soon as possible.

T h a n k y o u.

• James CameronJames Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I develop applications for AutoCAD, my customers are on x64 builds of AutoCAD. Autodesk does not support 32bit on a x64 build. Building in 32bit changes the platform and is just not the right answer. please keep C++current

• Thomas FeldhusenThomas Feldhusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The function "Edit and continue" is a important Debug utility. We have uses this in our previous compiler VC6.0 over 15 years. It is a mystery to us, that the old compiler VC 6.0 have better debug utilities as the actual tool Visual Studio 2013. We suggest the implementation of 'Edit and Continue for C++' as sson as possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Programmers who developing softwares for Windows Servers in C/C++ have no choice other than platform x64 because there's no x86 version since Win2008 R2.
        It means that without x64 E&C for C/C++, there's no E&C for them.
        I think this is an enough reason to consider supporting this feature seriously, isn't it?

• JC LEVEILLEJC LEVEILLE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I develop application under Autocad 64bits. I really need the x64 edit and continue support in VS2013. Because of that I switch between Windows 32 to Windows 64 many times a day. Please add this.

still missing it since i switched my application to 64bit.

and i can't use 32bit for debugging because my application is based on AutoCAD.

please support E&C for C++ under 64bit.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had heard about x64 edit and continue support in VS2013 and was so stoked to give it a try in our toolchain!
        Then I discovered it doesn't work with C++. Sigh. Please add this.

• PJTraillPJTraill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And make sure adding a comment works: I have time and again added (in ANSI C) a comment (/* */ form) and been told that it was a change that Edit & Continue did not support:(

• latecirclelatecircle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was excited to inform the "under Review" status change to the 30 or so developers struggling with this issue. Please have this implemented across all C++ variations(MFC, 11, Managed, ATL etc etc...)

• B.B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Status changed to 'Under Review'. Yes! Please MS, we have been asking for this on so many threads for so many years. For all the reasons already given + that dev environments should always stay ahead of the curve and not lag badly behind - please finally implement this.

Everyone is Ok to say that too many hours are spent waiting for a C/C++ app to compile : adding edit and continue with C++/x64 is a one of the greatest productivity feature which will strengthen the Windows/Visual Studio choice.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a lot of programmers hoping for it at Ubisoft... Come on Microsoft! Please do it!

• AndryAndry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most powerfull PLM system Siemens Unigraphics 9.0 have only 64 bit version. Developing applications for it without E&C is really big problem. Applications have is very complicated code and reqires a lot of debugging with E&C. I hope may years...

• Péter FeketePéter Fekete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's still missing in vc++ 2013. We are waiting for it for many-many years, sine we have swticthed from 32 bit to x64. Why not happens anything?

Coooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn already! We are all familiar with dev cycles, and ******** manager requests. Just figure out a way. Right now I couldn't care less with environment I use (although I actually like VS2012), just give me E&C and that will change immediately!

• Jan RiegerJan Rieger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our typical projects have the following properties:
        - x64
        - mixed mode cpp (cpp/cli)
        - source files lying on a network share
        Please make that also in this scenario edit and continue is working

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base