I suggest you ...

add support for Windows Store apps written in F# ... show that F# can be superior to C# even when it comes to more common tasks like GUI dev

add support for Windows Store apps written in F# (FSharp) ... to show that F# can be superior to C# even when it comes to more common tasks like GUI development.
<a href="https://github.com/dmitry-a-morozov/fsharp-wpf-mvc-series/wiki/Intro"; > link </a>

337 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Art ScottArt Scott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith FarmerKeith Farmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single biggest thing really stopping me from being serious about F#. Mixed-language efforts work, to be sure, but largely we're left with "why bother?".

This suggestion is two years old -- it needs a response.

• Wilfried BoosWilfried Boos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xamarion Studio supports writing Android apps in F#, but Visual Studio doesn't support writing Windows (phone/store) apps in F#... We live in a remarkable time.

• VasilyVasily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could write completely project only with F# but I need to manually fix project file (You can see example in MSDN examples: Fsharp Webcam )
        Would be nice that we can add XAML file like resource to F sharp class library project …. I gave 3 votes ....

• Masuda, TomoakiMasuda, Tomoaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WPFだとTypeProvider で作れるのだけど、Windows Store アプリは XAML からコード生成してしまって F# で開発できません。適当に Build targets を直せばいけそうな気もするのですが、どうなのでしょう?

• Jarle StabellJarle Stabell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These days, MS is telling everyone to write universal apps. But from F# it seems that it currently is impossible to call the new APIs directly. Please MS, if you want us to write universal apps, make it possible to call the new APIs from F#.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I voted 3.Interaction to Xaml editor may not be necessary,but anyway I wanna write VM with WinRT API call in F#.

• omanukeomanuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I gave 3 votes too.I wanna use F# to write VM layer for store app.I can use PCL,but sometime I feel it's good if I can use F# to access WinRT API directory.Just library project is enough for me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base