I suggest you ...

Support XAML 2009 in Visual Studio Editor and WPF markup-compiler

Finally add support for XAML 2009 and its great features to the VS Editor and the WPF markup-compiler

http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/ee792007.aspx

219 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stefan SchweigerStefan Schweiger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MichaelD!MichaelD! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FWIW, Xamarin.Forms supports Xaml 2009. Kind of sad. Well for MSFT, but awesome for Xamarin... who continues to show that it understands MSFT technology better than MSFT itself. ;P

As for different formats: Visual Studio needs to create the data equivalent of AST (abstract syntax trees), and allow us to view ANY data document in the format we prefer.

I personally love Xaml/Xml (and so do thousands of enterprises -- where the money is made, ahem), but I understand why others would prefer other formats (JSON is another format as well). However, everyone is forced to view a file in a particular format. This doesn't have to be the case now that Roslyn is starting thrive.

So the actual file saved to disk would be a certain format (could be XML, could be binary, could be anything!), but when it is viewed in Visual Studio, it is in QML/YAML/Xaml/Xml ... whatever the developer prefers. COOL HUH!!!

BTW, this is based on another idea of mine... please vote for it. :)
        http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/7066885-enable-abstract-syntax-tree-source-files-via-rosly

• Brandon BondsBrandon Bonds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Jun. I love the idea of XAML 2009, but I would prefer even better a syntax closer to QML or YAML.

• JunJun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better yet, come up with a more modern syntax that is easier for humans to write and read than XML.

Feedback and Knowledge Base