I suggest you ...

Allow .NET games on Xbox One

Yesterday was announced that Xbox One will allow indie developer to easily publish games on Xbox One.

Lots of indie developers and small game company are using .NET to develop games. Today, we are able to easily target several Windows platforms (Windows Desktop, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8) as well as other platforms thanks to Mono from Xamarin.

As we don't know yet the details about this indie developer program for Xbox One, we would love to use .NET on this platform - with everything accessible, from latest 4.5 with async, to unsafe code and native code access through DLLImport (and not only through WinRT components)

Please make .NET a compelling game development alternative on Xbox One!

13,737 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xoofxxoofx shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

243 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hassan SelimHassan Selim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft hinted in their Build2014 Keynote that "Universal Apps" will work on Xbox One in the future, so I think it's clear that it will support .Net :)

• filipfilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can pretty much create a program in C# on Windows Desktop, Windows 8.x, Windows Phone, Android, iOS, Mac OSX, Linux, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. It's ridiculous that Xbox One from Microsoft is not on that list.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have like 10 comments on the ?. null operator but no votes on it

i put 3 on here and never commented

ida put all of them into xna 5 but it limits the number of votes to a single topic

both these topics have just been swelling for months and months since they have cut all serious graphic's options off from everything .net

• Dudica Dudica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am disgusted by the banning of Megan Winter's account on social.msdn.microsoft.com. She came with valid points for Visual Basic 6.0, too valid! And what the administrators do on a MICROSOFT site?! they erased the 60-70 valid comments (on "Bring back Visual Basic 6.0 ! We all need it." issue) and banned the acount due to their inability to cope with the conversation! This is a disgrace for Microsoft! The admin that banned a perfect valid user like Megan Winter should not have access to that site !

• David HewsonDavid Hewson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are people saying this is faked? I voted 3 votes a long time ago, why do I need to comment too? My vote IS my comment...

• xoofxxoofx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous, the VisualStudio uservoice is used by the .NET team itself (see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archive/2013/07/25/advise-the-net-framework-team.aspx) and they said "we do think that UserVoice is a great source for a crowdsourced, prioritized feature list"

This feature request is simply requesting the .NET team to bring .NET on the Xbox One platform and to help them prioritizing it.

Instead of wasting your time commenting that popular requests are invalid, you should better give a vote for this.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not a Visual Studio request and should be put into a different User Voice list.

• RB WhitakerRB Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous, I don't know what you were looking at, but this has 262 likes on Facebook and has had lots right from the get-go.

It has 0 tweets, but I find that strange, personally, because I tweeted it myself using that very button.

Is it really so unfathomable to you that lots of people could want to make games and apps for the Xbox One using C# or VB.NET instead of C++ or JavaScript?

Some ideas here are ripe for discussion with people proposing variation on the ideas or pointing out flaws they see in it, and they get a lot of comments. For others like this, it's simply a matter of whether you want to see it happen or not. There's not a lot to comment on. If you look down the list, most of the comments are little more than "This is a good idea" style comments.

What more do you want people to say?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no like of FaceBook, only 220 comments but it has 12.000 VOTES ?! this is faked !

• billybilly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please, its will be awesome!!, xbox one is promising device with alot feature of joystick like new feature on controlling the ramble and kinect 2.0 .

• Abe HamadeAbe Hamade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If Microsoft has any sense, supporting .NET on Xbox One is completely in their best interest. The more development opportunities, the more potential Xbox One sales, the more money they make. But hey, what do I know, I am just a pebble in a large ocean.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base