I suggest you ...

i suggest you create a project template for XAML/Typescript and not just HTML/Typescript

I suggest the following three items:
A. You provide a project template for XAML/Typescript instead of HTML/Typescript. The XAML should be transpiled to HTML as the typescript is transpiled to javascript. Developers can either work with the XAML view window or the HTML view window depending on which one they are comfortable with. that way MS developers coming from wpf/Silverlight are happy and new open source developers coming from HTML are happy.
B. You should create RIA services for XAML/Typescript just as you had in Silverlight/c#/vb. And you will be forgiven for leading developers to Silverlight and killing it.
C. you should provide a compilation switch to either transpile Typescript to JavaScript or to .net IL. that way, typescript becomes the bridge and one could actually Compile C# or VB to IL and reverse that from IL to Typescript which already transpiles to JavaScript. in essence, C#/VB can go directly to javascript once this bridge is established, providing you options for the web like:
XAML/typescript, HTML/Typescript, HTML/C#/VB etc at no additional cost. I expect Roslyn at least to achieve this last point. but the first two points should be achieved immediately.

Thanks.

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RaymondRaymond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...