or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam PAdam P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is kind of a big deal. We're on TFS at VSO but can't use CodeLens (Microsoft's flagship platforms), however if we switched to Git it would work fine. We are actually re-evaluating whether we want to continue down the TFS path, which we've been using since 2005. If even Microsoft is going to move forward with third party integration before first party, it makes you really question where their priorities are and whether TFS is the right platform now-a-days. Once we make the switch to Git, we also aren't really bound to MS at all (when it comes to source control) - we could easily switch to a Private Github account and host elsewhere.

• 80's Rocker80's Rocker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree, Visual Studio Online not supporting the CodeLens feature of VS is very disappointing. You would think that the MS cloud implementation of TFS would support one of the best new features of VS2013. I hope the Visual Studio Online team get support for Code Lenses added soon.

• GangadharGangadhar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this feature, if on-premise has it, VSO should have equal or better support for it.

• Kevin HaynieKevin Haynie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CodeLens is an awesome feature - very useful. And TFS Online is great as well as it provides all the benefits to IT as any cloud service would. However, I believe it's very disappointing to users to hear all the hype about 'going to the cloud' only to find out that what they used to do on premise doesn't work any more.

This is definitely a feature that needs to be added to TFS Online.

• Garry BillsonGarry Billson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was disappointed to learn that using TFS cloud that we cannot benefit from the features I've just promoted to my team :(

• Eduardo PiresEduardo Pires commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important, the codelens is one of the best news in VS 2013 and this feature can't work just with Team Foundation Server.

Codelens is one reason that I will use to convince my director move all licences in my company to VS Ultimate, but without Team Foundation Services support it doesn't make the same sense.

Feedback and Knowledge Base