I suggest you ...

WPF support in Lightswitch

How about replacing Silverlight with WPF for the desktop client to get rid of the pixel rendering performance issues with Silverlight? Since LS now has HTML support for web clients, Silverlight could be replaced with a more powerful desktop client like WPF ( I would even take Winforms if it substantially increased performance ).

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jayesh KatariaJayesh Kataria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Emmanuel E.Emmanuel E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HTML interfaces and tools are still not at the level required for dense, rich LOB applications. And given the abandonment of Silverlight by MS, we need a replacement for Lightswitch Silverlight (we needed it a year ago!).

As a consultant, I'm tired of getting burned by Microsoft's panicked, kneejerk reactions to competitor moves that leave us holding the bag. For crying out loud, stick with SOMETHING. And, don't go believing your own PR that HTML clients can be the solutions for every need - we need WPF!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Silverlight has been discontinued, but Lightswitch is a fantastic product that should continue.

• MUHSINMUHSIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No need to remove Silverlight Client but we realy need WPF client ....

Feedback and Knowledge Base