I suggest you ...

Provide Interactive rebase support for Visual studio tools for Git

Please provide Rebase and Interctive Rebase support for visual studio tools for Git

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VaibhavVaibhav shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tomáš VálaTomáš Vála commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just realized not only REBASE related functionality is not there but also STASH save / apply equivalents are completely missing in Vistual Studio Git Tool. How are teams expected to colaborate on Git projects without ending up in mental institution then? Oh man, dafuq, what were you thinking incorporating not even half assed Git placeholder system like this? No words can describe my feelings, surreal.

• Tomáš VálaTomáš Vála commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totaly support the suggestion! Git integration not allowing rebase and interactive rebase is major overlook and significantly feature incomplete solution in my book. Support for meaningful and comfortable use of Git-Flow and feature branches deserves to be included. Otherwise back to command line or JGit (I never imagined I would say that before before actually experiencing bare bone Git integration in VS). Painful experience. At least allow launching Git console from project home as a temporary solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base